+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We were lucky that DS still fit in a bassinet when we flew to Thailand at 20 months old. However, we only used it on the night flight. On the day flight over, he was too excited by all the activity and was pretty happy but required constant entertaining. If you have a day flight, try packing lots of activities - sticker books, interactive toys (don't worry how noisy they are lol! The noise of the plane drowns out annoying toy sounds), plenty of snacks and an iPad loaded with Peppa pig/whatever shows they're into. Lots of walks up and down the aisle. Still try to get a seat at the front of a section (ie where the bassinets often go) as you will have more room to get in/out and be close to toilets etc. even if you are not successful ask at check in and again at the gate as we often find a bassinet seat (or similar) suddenly becomes available. The in-flight staff will most often try to accommodate you as best they can.
    If all else fails, have yourself a wine and do the best you can, knowing it will all be over in X hours! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I've phoned and spoken to two different people to ask for bassinet row and I was told because of the age of my child they won't give us one. The second time I called I insisted that we need the row and the man said he was "unable" to change our seating but to speak to somebody at check in. He was obviously just trying to get me off the phone! This is with Etihad. So I'm pretty stressed out. Theyve also given us 3 seats together and one across the aisle instead. I asked if we could have 4 seats in the middle altogether when they refused bassinet but was also told no. Do you know why this might be?
    PM me your flight details : flight number, date, to and from city.
    I'll be able to check out the configuration of the plane.

Don't stress about the bassinet row, if you want it you just need to arrive early at the airport and request it at check in. It has always worked for us.
    But you need to be in the first people to check in.

I will also be able to tell you whether armrest go up or not in your plane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I requested a bassinet I was told that they go to the youngest babies and hence they can never guarantee one as it depends on how many other people have requested one and how old their babies are. This was Qantas though.