+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I never even had a BT with DD. Dr didn't think it was necessary. To me, it adds extra stress by knowing your numbers. Coz if they're no doubling as they should, you stress about things that are outside your control
    The only time I've ever had the bloods done was to confirm a mc 5yrs ago. I'm not from Australia but since coming here it seems to be pretty common to get bloods done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by basilmint View Post
    Stressing this morning. Have a constant dull ache across my lower back. Like the pain I get before my period. Damn.
    How are you doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulzer View Post
    How are you doing?
    Driving down the coast for Christmas, have just stopped at a playground to give my three year old a run.

Thanks for asking after me Mulzer! Can't stop worrying. I just don't know how many times I can do this pregnancy business! I just don't deal well with the anxiety and the sadness when it all goes pear shaped. Not to mention the effect it has on our relationship. He doesn't get it, doesn't know why I get so upset as he thinks it's not really a baby yet and we'll just keep going until we get a successful pregnancy. Sounds simple but to me it's not.

Anyway back pain is still there, dull and constant. I know it can be normal but I also know it may be a bad sign. In one way if it's going to end badly I'd rather it just happen now so I can have a few drinks at Christmas and process it. Better than months down the track. I wish there was some way to know. Even if I took a FRER it would still show some hcg anyway so it's pointless. I do have another BT tomorrow but won't get those results till Monday so nothing I can do but wait. My ob said it doesn't matter if you rest or not but I think I will try to as much as I can. My previous MC's I continued to go to the gym and didn't change a thing so this time I might just take the opportunity of the holidays to chill out.

So Mulzer, you had this pain for a week then it went away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by basilmint View Post
    Driving down the coast for Christmas, have just stopped at a playground to give my three year old a run.

Thanks for asking after me Mulzer! Can't stop worrying. I just don't know how many times I can do this pregnancy business! I just don't deal well with the anxiety and the sadness when it all goes pear shaped. Not to mention the effect it has on our relationship. He doesn't get it, doesn't know why I get so upset as he thinks it's not really a baby yet and we'll just keep going until we get a successful pregnancy. Sounds simple but to me it's not.

Anyway back pain is still there, dull and constant. I know it can be normal but I also know it may be a bad sign. In one way if it's going to end badly I'd rather it just happen now so I can have a few drinks at Christmas and process it. Better than months down the track. I wish there was some way to know. Even if I took a FRER it would still show some hcg anyway so it's pointless. I do have another BT tomorrow but won't get those results till Monday so nothing I can do but wait. My ob said it doesn't matter if you rest or not but I think I will try to as much as I can. My previous MC's I continued to go to the gym and didn't change a thing so this time I might just take the opportunity of the holidays to chill out.

So Mulzer, you had this pain for a week then it went away?
    No mamasupial had the pain for a week and she is now into her 5th week. So fingers crossed yours is the same.
    I know you know the flip side of the coin when it's not good news. I've had lower back pain with all my mc's. But it is part of a lot of healthy pregnancies so I don't want to get you down.
    I totally understand about if it's over just get it over with. That's how I felt last month.
    When was the last time you took a test?? Have you had any bleeding? And what was your hcg at last test?

I have everything crossed for you.

My dh doesn't get the loss side of things either. I told him yesterday that I was pregnant again and he just said why do I do it to myself and test so early. I couldn't not know if there was a person growing inside me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Divine December Testing Thread

So sorry to confuse you guys, I was scanning the posts too quickly!

Finally in bed, been a full on evening and now DS has an earache and is in bed with me. Hoping the nurofen kicks in soon.

Back pain still there. Have had no rest though so hope it is gone in the morning provided I'm not up all night with DS.

I last did a test Monday arvo/evening, line was strong and dark. I had bloods done that same day. And next lot tomorrow. Ob wanted them three days apart and I'm to call Monday (his next working day) to check they've doubled enough. I've not had any bleeding so far. I just hope I get through this pregnancy!!

Why don't DH's get it?? I guess it's because they don't have that little person growing inside them, maybe they'd feel different if they experienced it. I just find DH so dismissive, he didn't even cringe watching me inject clexane the first night, but omg if that were him having daily needles I'd never hear the end of it!

All he cares about is when we are having sex next!

Thanks for listening to me vent!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to basilmint For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vent away @basilmint! 😊

My DP doesn't get things either. We haven't had a loss so I can't begin to appreciate how sad and painful that must be. But I'm finding the TTC journey is so different for DP than it is for me. He thinks I'm overthinking and taking things too seriously because I started prenatal vitamins as soon as we decided to TTC, I bought some books and started reading up in stuff, and I asked my GP to check my progesterone and ovarian reserve after 2 months of TTC. He thinks I'm putting too much pressure on myself. But this is a man who hasn't been to a GP for years and takes his good health for granted. I think good health is something to take seriously and invest in. I think it's just good sense to take prenatal vitamins if you're TTC. And I'm 37 with a history of polycystic ovaries, so if there's anything that's not working as it should, I want to know right away so we can consider all the options and get some help early. Same with POAS early. We're only planning on having one baby, so when it happens I want to know right away so I can enjoy every moment of being pregnant. And if I get a BFN, I can get over it, stop fretting and look ahead to next month. I don't think any of this will be serious or real for DP until he sees our baby on an ultrasound or feels it kick or maybe even until it's born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BFN on FRER for me tonight. AF not due til 29th so I guess we will see what happens. Feeling pessimistic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    BFN on FRER for me tonight. AF not due til 29th so I guess we will see what happens. Feeling pessimistic
    Scratch that! Just went back to check on it and I think I can spot the faintest of faint squinting lines. Feeling bummed it's not a little darker but hey now I've got my hopes up. Will try and hold off until Christmas Day now. I'm going away on the 27th so would love to know a definite before then so I can have a blood test before I leave.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF due on 3rd Jan... Should I test earlier or be patient 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    My body is teasing me. Negative tests but AF is late. I am usually regular to the day. Period like cramps. I had a MC in Oct so don't know my body too well now. Until I get AF I have hope.