+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I please join? I have been lurking as I don't want to get obsessed again like I had been with my last pregnancy. We are ttc no. 3 can I please be put down to test on the 17th Dec - day af is due

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone else in your household sick? Its horrible being ill but makes me think it's easier for Bub to implant if the body's immune system is down 😉

3. The Following User Says Thank You to basilmint For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by basilmint View Post
    Is anyone else in your household sick? Its horrible being ill but makes me think it's easier for Bub to implant if the body's immune system is down 😉
    Just me that is sick. Fingers crossed. I'm dying to test lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the subject of DTD, how often does everyone try to do it during their fertile phase? I've heard so many conflicting answers. My FS before having my almost four year old said every 2-3 days is fine, starting on day 10 going through to day 20 (based on my 28-32 day cycle). She said that would cover us.
    We did that for months and months until DH got over it and said we needed to do it every day. I'm sure it was just a ploy to get sex daily but I thought WTH and just agreed. Not from day 10-20, but just on my peak days when I saw EWCM, so from about 12-16. Anyway low and behold that produced my son.
    Fast forward to TTC #2 and we did it daily as well for both my recent miscarriages. Seems to work for us.

I asked my ob about it the other day and he said definitely not to do it every day as on the second day there will barely be any sperm. He said they'd done sperm analysis the day after men ejaculate and saw very low levels. Also that the average healthy man's sperm only contains 3% so you'd have to assume that on the second day there's not going to be many that can fertilise an egg at all.

So when the nurse called yesterday to tell me my estrogen levels were very high and I would be ovulating very soon, I asked her how often to DTD. She said every day (assuming DH has no issues with his SA).

Very conflicting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We dtd 4 days in a row and got dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought I was going to have to skip straight to Jan from Nov but fiiiinalllly CD1 over here (42 day cycle 😱) so I might be able to sneak a test in on the 31st of Dec at about 10 DPO, if my cycle cooperates. Could I please be added to the list? X

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovemysons For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (05-12-2015),Mamasupial  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default first timer

Hi all this is my first time posting on this site, i will be testing on the 12th Looking forward to being a part of this site had read alot of threads over the last few months but have finally built up the courage to share!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmattc For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (06-12-2015),Lovemysons  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A friend said her dr told her to DTD every 48 hours.

I don't put too much thought into it. I generally ovulate around day 12, so as soon as AF leaves, we get onto DTD. And just DTD when we feel like it. I don't want it to become a chore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just make sure we DTD 2-3 times during EWCM. I think the CM factor is really the most important - it's either fertile, or infertile, and if you DTD when it's fertile you have a good chance. I generally get 5 days of fertile CM so we might do it day 1 and also day 5. That style has yielded 3 pregnancies for us. No way I could have the energy every day!

for you LoveMySons for a New Year baby!
    Nice to "meet" you Emmattc and welcome to the thread

As for me waiting to test on tuesday. Thinking I might spring for a FRER digital. They are supposed to pick up 7-20 mi/u! At $20 though will be pretty crushing if negative.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Emmattc  (05-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh so exciting you are testing on Tuesday BornToBe! Are there two tests in the FRER packs? Can't remember as its been ages since I bought any.

And welcome emmattc, the 12th isn't too far away either.

Fingers crossed we get heaps of BFP's between now and Christmas. Brilliant you can test in December Lovemysons!

Furiously Christmas present wrapping whilst DH has DS out somewhere.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to basilmint For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (05-12-2015),Emmattc  (05-12-2015)