+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm moving from the November testing thread - stupid long cycle I'm on cd36 and either 1 or 4DPO . I posted my chart in the charting thread - weird temps not lining up with positive opk or my ewcm - going by temps I o'ed yesterday - but have had very little cm as opposed to 4 days ago I had an abundance of ewcm (sorry tmi, lol).
    Anyway , it's my 35th birthday on the 6th, so testing on the 6th even though AF probably won't be due by then.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Divine December Testing Thread

For those of you who already have a child or children, how do you handle the questions about when you'll have another when you're trying but don't want to tell people? I used to say "when DD is 3-4, we're not in any rush" but now she's almost 3 so I don't want to say that anymore because then they (my sisters especially!) say "well get to it, she'll be 3 soon!" I know I could just say "it's none of your business" because they're being nosy but I don't want to be mean!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    For those of you who already have a child or children, how do you handle the questions about when you'll have another when you're trying but don't want to tell people? I used to say "when DD is 3-4, we're not in any rush" but now she's almost 3 so I don't want to say that anymore because then they (my sisters especially!) say "well get to it, she'll be 3 soon!" I know I could just say "it's none of your business" because they're being nosy but I don't want to be mean!
    My standard response is 'about 9 months after it is conceived'

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

JR03  (01-12-2015),Shrillian  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't mind saying "we're working on it!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

JR03  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JR03, that question has never bothered me as much as it does lately! I used to just say I'm in no rush and that DS3 was a bad sleeper and I'm now enjoying having my sleep back. Now that he's almost 4, I'm finding people don't accept that as well and keep pushing. Sometimes I'm tempted to say the truth but I find that always leads to more questions next time I see that person so now I just say I'm happy with one. Such a lie but whatever. Shuts them up.

The questions I find the toughest are from DS himself (who I've not told anything about the recent MC's).
    "Mummy, where can we get a real baby from?"
    "Mummy, can't we get a real baby sooooon?"
    "Mummy, why am I not a big brother?"

Breaks my heart.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to basilmint For This Useful Post:

JR03  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluto80 View Post
    I'm moving from the November testing thread - stupid long cycle I'm on cd36 and either 1 or 4DPO . I posted my chart in the charting thread - weird temps not lining up with positive opk or my ewcm - going by temps I o'ed yesterday - but have had very little cm as opposed to 4 days ago I had an abundance of ewcm (sorry tmi, lol).
    Anyway , it's my 35th birthday on the 6th, so testing on the 6th even though AF probably won't be due by then.....
    Pluto80 I really hope you get an awesome 35th birthday present!! Just passed that milestone myself and it would have been made so much better if I was pregnant! The long cycle must be so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by basilmint View Post
    Pluto80 I really hope you get an awesome 35th birthday present!! Just passed that milestone myself and it would have been made so much better if I was pregnant! The long cycle must be so frustrating.
    Thank you - I'm not looking forward to 35 at all and a BFP would make it a lot better, lol.

Stupid long cycles - some months they're 32 days other months 50 days . I find the tracking temps etc seems to result in long cycles - stress seems to delay ovulation darn it. Very frustrating for sure!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Divine December Testing Thread

God give me strength to not test at 7dpo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judabellah For This Useful Post:

charasym  (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I usually say "when the time is right", and if they press further I say "when we're lucky enough to have another one". That usually shuts them up in a nice way, as they realise it's not that easy for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so did a HPT at 9dpo and got a BFN 😔😔😔 not looking very hopeful for me this month, AF will arrive shortly I would only assume 😔 wishing everyone else BFPs!!!!