+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long after weaning until your toddler stopped asking? Feeling bad!

I weaned my DD1 a bit over a month ago she has been completely fine with it and points to it saying DD2s milk and I say yes DD2s milk. But the last few days she has been asking for it again just wondering how long it took everyone's toddler to stop asking?

Might be made worse that I still obviously feed DD2. I feel really bad saying no but honestly after feeding through a pregnancy and then tandem for 8 months I was a little bit done, she will be 2 next month and I thought maybe I should've introduced a different milk feed (cows or formula) but then in same breath think what's the point of that I may as well keep feeding her. I think I'm having a bit of a sad moment especially with her asking and it's almost like I haven't really thought much that it's all over for us (in the breastfeeding journey) is this crazy! I feel like crying about it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone? Can't be the only one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Firstly, well done you Mumma and big and what you're feeling is not crazy at all! I was so sad when my DD was completely weaned even though I was done, it still pained me a bit especially knowing she was my last and especially when she would 'ask' me. I guess in my case she had self-weaned in the end, so that made things a little easier, however she would still ask for many months after, but I would give a little giggle/joke with her and say that Mummmy had no milk left and how it was all gone/she was a big girl now etc, etc, and that seemed to work.

She did see a lady on tv breastfeeding her child recently and asked me for milk (a year later) and I think I must have given her a look like this because she then went on her merry way.

Hang in there OP, maybe you could redirect her to a drink of water/milk or an activity when she asks you and see how that goes. I know it will be hard because you're feeding your DD2, but if you're wanting her to wean then I would try and stay consistent and re-direct. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How long after weaning until your toddler stopped asking? Feeling bad!

When I weaned my daughter at 2 she stopped asking without tears after a few days, stopped just asking frequently after about a week, by end of the month she had stopped completely, and now 9 months later breastfeeding dd2 she doesn't remember doing it at all!!! (But I do haha). To my surprise she hasn't even asked.

It must be so much harder when it is still happening in front of them but the best thing is to remain firm and consistent.

Congrats mumma on a wonderful journey, it does get easier and they do get over it