+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I made it through the night! Yippee lol.
    I will still be freaking out for quite a while though.

Just to answer some questions...
    -I can't get a dog. Not allowed, plus my kids are allergic.
    -My next door neighbours are idiots. I know one nice lady but she lives a few units over. I don't know anyone else, everyone in this block keeps very much to themselves.
    -I live on a very busy main road, near the centre of the suburb. So just not a good location, hence the break-ins I guess.
    -To the suggestions of a camera, yes I think it's time I seriously look into those. I did have a look after the first break-in, but I couldn't really afford it, plus it all looked too confusing to know what to buy and how to install etc. I've thought about even getting those companies that come and install the monitored ones, but then I don't know how that would go if I needed to move house. I need to look into it.

Thanks very much for all the replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go to jb hifi and get remote accessed cameras. We have 3 cameras at our business which hook up remotely (need a PowerPoint) then there's a screen you can have in another place to watch the cameras. You can also log in from your phone using an app via the Internet. Ask someone there if you can pay for an install. There's a range of prices too.

We have something like this...

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-...system/439238/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That sucks OP.

I would be extra nervous considering you've been broken into before.

It's not right that you are made to feel vulnerable and unsafe in your home.

I would absolutely look into beefing up your security with some cameras or other theft deterrents. I would not feel safe unless some action was taken to protect the property further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd move if it happened that many times. How terrifying.

We used to live in a sketchy area a few years ago. We were in a unit block at the back and the unit right in front of us would get broken into on a regular basis. It was a rental, I believe so every time a new family moved in, a few weeks later, there would be another break in...sometimes two. Luckily, our unit wasn't one that you could easily break into...there was no way anyone could jump over our fence (we had a shelter area right where it was) and being all the way in the back, it would have been harder to carry things, etc without being seen. We think the people doing the break ins actually lived in our street. Otherwise, how would they know every time someone new moved in?

My DP had his car broken into a few times, too...and had his battery stolen.

I'm so glad we don't live there anymore. You couldn't even trust the damn neighbour kids. We had a brat who lived behind us climb over our fence and steal a few things from the backyard when we were in the process of moving in. We put a fake camera up to scare him off.