+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it possible your mum didn't read the writing and thought she was just sharing a pic of a cute baby?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not offended as such, just a bit creepy really. Like, why does a baby like his own mother's 't i t' in that way? My DS is now 8, but he was breastfed until he was nearly 4. He still remembers it, but of course he saw it only as nutrition and comfort.

To me this meme suggests in a way that the baby is turned on by breasts already, which is just stupid.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-11-2015),yadot  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Maybe I don't see it as sexual because growing up the only time I heard that word was when someone said that they fell head over tit, as in the had a fall or a stumble.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (09-11-2015),Summer  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    See I don't see this as sexually suggestive, I see it as a baby who is happy he's getting fed every time he cries! Isn't it interesting how different each persons interpretation can be?
    True! I think I was scarred for life with my mother's earlier comments about "liking to suck a bit of tit" when I was a teenager - it was absolutely mortifying to hear those type of comments, so I guess this just reminded me of that and how confusing it was for my mother to describe breast feeding in a way that a teenage boy would describe getting to "second base".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Is it possible your mum didn't read the writing and thought she was just sharing a pic of a cute baby?

:-) Don't think so, she is pretty deliberate in her posts, so I think it's a bit more than just a cute baby. But I could be wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not offensive but totally crass which given its for breastfeeding not gratuitous pleasure the use of the word 't!ts' is just unnecessary.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    To me this meme suggests in a way that the baby is turned on by breasts already, which is just stupid.
    Yes! That's why I don't like it - to me it suggests exactly that - the baby is turned on by his mother's breast and that's just yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Thanks @Moxy I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's the sexual innuendo with babies that I find so offensive. And the sexualisation of breastfeeding as well, that irks me at the best of times, let alone having my mother send this out. Normally if this sort of thing came through my feed I'd just gloss over it, but I think because my Mum shared it I was a bit gobsmacked at such an inappropriate share. Teenage boy humour is right - 70 year old woman? Just weird...
    I must be a bit dense then because I dont see the sexualisation of it.
    I dont particularly find it funny. More of when babies cry those that are breastfeeding their bubs do feed there babies.

Then again if I was going to think hard about it I could be offended by this picture because I couldnt breast feed my baby by easily by "putting my breast in their mouth" but im not going to overthink it.

My mum is almost 70 and I must admit she does leave me stunned with some of the odd things she comes out with!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find the use of the word 'tit' in relation to the baby a bit off.

I'm not offended, but I find it a bit crass.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Summer  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate the word tit.
    And I hate any kind of idiotic humour about babies and "ooooh they get to suck on boooobs" type stuff. Usually coming from juvenile yet fully grown men.

Offensive, no.
    Crass and just stupid, yes.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-11-2015),HearMeRoar  (09-11-2015),Summer  (09-11-2015)