+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Hypothyroidism

Ladies I need some guidance. We have only started ttc - for 2 months. Have just found out I have hypothyroidism. It's only slightly out of range. I've started thyroxine tablets the smallest dose. Is this why we aren't pregnant? Does this take patience and time? once the hormone replacement kicks in, will it increase my chances of getting pregnant? I'm scared. My husband is glad we are on top of it now. I just did the worst thing and googled it, big mistake. I think I am just over worrying now. I am taking prenatal vitamins and eating well. Please help any advice would be so much appreciated, I don't know what to think! Thank you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, first things first, don't stress! You'll be fine, and it's great news you found out now, before you're pregnant.

I have Hypothyroidism and have just had twin boys a bit over 3 months ago. I found out about it about a year before we started trying and my endocrinologist said that it can make it harder to get and stay pregnant if it's untreated. But if it is treated, it has no impact on your pregnancy at all.

My endocrinologist wanted my TSH below 2.5 before we started trying and aimed to keep it below there during my pregnancy. Once I got a positive test I called him and he increased my Thyroxine dose to do this.

Are you seeing an endocrinologist? Lots of GPs aren't that well versed on Hypothyroidism and will just aim to keep you in the general hormone ranges, but everyone has their own 'optimal' range which can be quite a bit lower than this, which is particularly important during TTC/pregnancy.

If you're in Melbourne I can give you then name of my Dr, he's brilliant, otherwise ask your GP for a referral to an Endocrinologist.

Oh and stay off google! Haha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

charasym  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much lovely! Finally some
    Peace of mind!!!

I am in Melbourne, if you could recommend me to someone that would be awesome!

Thank you again 😃😃😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm also in the same boat but recently got my BFP after a long journey thanks to my hashis and PCO. It's important to have the levels right for the development of the baby so definitely go to an endo to be monitored! Good luck.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Possie7 For This Useful Post:

charasym  (09-11-2015),MrsA2B  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by charasym View Post
    Thank you very much lovely! Finally some
    Peace of mind!!!

I am in Melbourne, if you could recommend me to someone that would be awesome!

Thank you again 😃😃😃
    No worries! Ask your GP for a referral to Dr Paul Wraight at the Victorian Endocrine Clinic - he's brilliant. They're located on Flemington Rd near the Royal Women's. All the best and let me know if you have any other questions!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

charasym  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hypothyroidism and two healthy babies here

I found my levels went out of whack postpartum for both - just a potential heads up for the future Good luck ttc!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

charasym  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also remember that conceiving does take time...even without any additional issues. So if your thyroid is under control and all goes well, it's perfectly normal for it to take a few months or even longer to conceive. Try getting a good sense of when you're ovulating to take advantage of this time. Be patient and keep positive. Good luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to samuel22 For This Useful Post:

charasym  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    No worries! Ask your GP for a referral to Dr Paul Wraight at the Victorian Endocrine Clinic - he's brilliant. They're located on Flemington Rd near the Royal Women's. All the best and let me know if you have any other questions!
    Thank you so much! Congratulations on the twin boys! They run in both our sides too, plus my husbands brothers are twins 😇💙 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to all for your input, mind officially at ease! ☺️xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I conceived our DD on my second cycle after starting thyroxine.
    TSH has to be kept under 1.5 for hypothyroid patients.
    Good luck 😊

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

charasym  (11-11-2015)