+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Coffee pod machines

Hoping this is in the right place. I'd like to hear the pros and cons of your pod coffee machines.

We've had a Saeco A Modo Mio for about 7 years (!!) and really like it - it's done so well to last 7 years with daily use but it's finally kicked the bucket. My only complaint with it is the cost and limited range of the capsules - about $12 for box of 16 and no other brands are compatible.

So we're considering switching to another brand but it's so confusing and hard to know. Our priorities are:

- cost, we don't want a $400 machine
    - quality - we use it daily
    - ease of use - preferably want something that includes its own milk frother that's super easy to clean/change as DH and I have different milks (ours had a wand we used a milk jug with - this is fine)
    - preferably good range of capsules, preferably can take other/generic brand capsules

Would be great if it makes both short and long blacks, some level of user control ie can put how much milk we want in as apposed to the machine deciding.

Thanks in advance!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    We had a Nespresso u that came with a separate milk frother. Worked great, until it didn't. It was probably still in warranty when it carked it (under a year) but df just uses the kettle and mocona coffee and the milk frother now. (expensive milk frother when you put it like that but oh well!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nomsie you should have contacted them! We have a Nespresso U. It developed an issue just before the warranty expired (so just under 2years). Contacted them, they sent me a courier box with a "borrow machine", sent ours back to them and they were going to fix it. They then rang and said parts were going to take to long (it was going to be under 2 weeks which was fine by me!) so they were sending me a new machine. I even got a new milk frother even though I hadn't sent that back as it still worked!

So I would get a Nespresso again in a heartbeat. I like their capsules, they have great range and their customer service is amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Nomsie you should have contacted them! We have a Nespresso U. It developed an issue just before the warranty expired (so just under 2years). Contacted them, they sent me a courier box with a "borrow machine", sent ours back to them and they were going to fix it. They then rang and said parts were going to take to long (it was going to be under 2 weeks which was fine by me!) so they were sending me a new machine. I even got a new milk frother even though I hadn't sent that back as it still worked!

So I would get a Nespresso again in a heartbeat. I like their capsules, they have great range and their customer service is amazing!
    I had a similar experience. Would also recommend a Nespresso. Love em!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do the Nespressos take other brand capsules (even though they're not supposed to)? As I think they are similarly priced to the ones we were using...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Do the Nespressos take other brand capsules (even though they're not supposed to)? As I think they are similarly priced to the ones we were using...
    Yep - you can buy compatible pods online, Woolworths & Coles.

Nespresso are the best though (imo) and their online ordering is great.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (09-11-2015)