Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Metro wa private 4 nights

Thanks
    Reviews
    Country Vic you go home on day 3 after birth - you really want to have a baby at 1am instead of 11pm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a Caesar on the 1st, came out on the 3rd. They asked if I wanted to go home next day but I said no. I was no where near ready and should have stayed about 4 nights, being my first bub and quite a long traumatic labour/delivery. But what's done is done, don't let them push you out though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Depends how they count their days.

Where I've worked (3 different hospitals) babies born before midday start off on Day 1, whereas babies born after midday start off on Day 0.

So for a 9am Wednesday birth it could be expected to head home on Friday, whilst a 7pm Wednesday birth it could be expected to head home on Saturday.
    In our hospital then you get birth day, all of day 1 and 2 and home at 10am on day 3. Doesn't matter what time of day you birth it's all the same, so if you give birth at 11pm Tuesday you go home Friday morning but if you hold out another hour you get till Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, some people get quite long

I had 3 nights in a private hospital in Vic. And my (very expensive) OB tried to tell me I was fine to leave after 2 nights 😐 I insisted on staying 3 and they acted like they were doing me a huge favour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Quick question. How long is normal to stay in after a csextion these days. N...

I had an emergency c-section and left jus after 48 hours.

I had my baby at 12pm and was up showering, getting dressed on my own and walking the day after my section.

Was ready to go home the next day. The doctor had already approved it the morning I left.

This was in my local public hospital in Sydney.

ETA - I left on the early discharge program so a midwife came to my house every day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a c-section for both my bubs. They were both born late on a Tuesday night and I went home Sunday on both occasions. I was up and showering myself and getting around by 9am the morning after my sections.

I would have been able to go home Saturday if I wanted, but my hospy (Nepean Private) was very cruisy, the food was good, so I was happy to stay the extra day.