Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    F

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omg are you polish too!?

these look fabulous!

we make our own too and freeze in batches of 10. they're sooo cheap! but labour intensive!!

are you in Melb? there's a polish store at the south Melb markets that sell these too if you're feeling lazy! they're about $12 a bag for 12/13 pierogi. not cheap but saves a sh!tload of time, effort & mess making your own!
    Yeah my mum is Polish. I'm in Melbourne, too. We have discovered the Albion Polish club and go there quite a bit, it's an unpretentious, authentic and amazingly daggy place (think plastic flowers and bad decor, lol) where the kitchen staff are made up of elderly Polish women who cook old school Polish fare. You need to check it out! 😃 For takeaway/cooking at home, there's a little deli shop in Laverton behind the IGA that I've bought pre made Pierogi from for years, they are so cheap, I think it's around the $8 mark for 10.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Omg. Pierogi. Have not had them in AGES! I must get together with my brother so we can make a bunch of them.
    You must. It's an all day process but the more helping hands the better 😃

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Yeah my mum is Polish. I'm in Melbourne, too. We have discovered the Albion Polish club and go there quite a bit, it's an unpretentious, authentic and amazingly daggy place (think plastic flowers and bad decor, lol) where the kitchen staff are made up of elderly Polish women who cook old school Polish fare. You need to check it out! For takeaway/cooking at home, there's a little deli shop in Laverton behind the IGA that I've bought pre made Pierogi from for years, they are so cheap, I think it's around the $8 mark for 10.

You must. It's an all day process but the more helping hands the better
    ooooh thanks!!! we're inner west so both those places are amazing. we'd been meaning to check out the Albion club forever but it fell off the radar since having ds lol.

I'm from Perth originally and we had a few equally daggy places. but the food is always fantastic and so cheap!

is the place in laverton open today? might swing past if it is.

yeah pierogi are definitely a 2 man job minimum. my dh is half Indian and makes better polish food than me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    ooooh thanks!!! we're inner west so both those places are amazing. we'd been meaning to check out the Albion club forever but it fell off the radar since having ds lol.

I'm from Perth originally and we had a few equally daggy places. but the food is always fantastic and so cheap!

is the place in laverton open today? might swing past if it is.

yeah pierogi are definitely a 2 man job minimum. my dh is half Indian and makes better polish food than me
    It's called Baltic Deli and I just googled it, they're open Tues-Sat. But there's another shop on Bell street in Sunshine that mum has been to and I think that's open today.
    Getting straight back into making more batches now! We'll make another 50+ today and distribute to the family, everyone is hanging for them, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's called Baltic Deli and I just googled it, they're open Tues-Sat. But there's another shop on Bell street in Sunshine that mum has been to and I think that's open today.
    Getting straight back into making more batches now! We'll make another 50+ today and distribute to the family, everyone is hanging for them, lol
    fabbo thanks for that!!

I just read your post out to dh...he said we make 200+ and distribute them into our freezer

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following for inspiration

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spent the afternoon making Polish Pierogi (potato and onion dumplings) with my mum. Childhood memories right there... and one even gave us a heart shape when I was frying it up! Lol ❤ Served up on my grandma's old plates as well ������

Oh my gosh @Marigold, I LOVE pieroggies! My Nanna (we're Polish) used to make them all the time. They are a lot of work to make - especially if you are like us and make triple batches! - but so, so delicious. And you cooked them just like we do. Oh, YUM!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Marigold, do you make Kluskees too? If so..I'm on my way over, lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Oh my gosh @Marigold, I LOVE pieroggies! My Nanna (we're Polish) used to make them all the time. They are a lot of work to make - especially if you are like us and make triple batches! - but so, so delicious. And you cooked them just like we do. Oh, YUM!
    We usually make a couple hundred over a weekend, this is smallish batch though because we started so late yesterday and need to travel across town later today.
    Wow, I didn't realise that we had so many Polish ladies on here!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (12-06-2016),misskittyfantastico  (12-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What does not surprise me is that the Polish ladies are automatically drawn to the food thread I think we have a natural appreciation of food that only the lovely Italians can match.

My life is VERY food centric It's all about the deliciousness of everything life has to offer. I watched Eat, Pray, Love the other night and it echoed everything I think and feel about food!

ETA: I have recently connected with two other amazing Polish women online (not BH - another site) and they are very similar to me. Strong, vibrant, generous and absolutely devoted to food. They are my kindred spirits!
    Last edited by Blossom74; 12-06-2016 at 13:36.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (12-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (12-06-2016),~Marigold~  (12-06-2016)