+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Molar pregnancy

I am unfortunately about to be diagnosed with a probable molar pregnancy. We are waiting on a more detailed scan but likely it's a molar pregnancy. I have been told that if it is I will have to avoid becoming pregnant for a year, in the midst of processing all the information that was thrown at me I didn't even ask why that is, but even tho we had decided to take a break anyway just knowing I have an imposed hiatus on having another baby is making me sad. A year will mean a bigger age gap between siblings that I had wished for and to be honest I fear I might not want to get back into the newborn stage after packing the cot and toilet training is all done.
    My baby journey might be over, I know it's premature and I am blessed with two wonderful children but after so much struggle to have a third maybe it's just not meant to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs. The reason to avoid pregnancy is in case the molar ends up being a gestational trophoblastic disease which can turn into cancer (not likely but possible).

Your doctor will have to use a vacuum like implement to completely clean out the uterus.

You will need regular blood tests to make sure it doesn't reoccur and a good reliable birth control to avoid any accidental pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're having to experience this. I had a partial molar pregnancy in 2010, although it's not as serious I still had to be closely monitored. It took about 3 months for my hcg to return to normal levels. As soon as they did I got the all clear to try again.
    I hope they are wrong with their diagnosis. Wishing you strength to get through this devastating period.