+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking Egg Donor - Hopeful Parents to Be in NZ

Hi there,
    We are a NZ couple in our early 40s who have been trying to start a family for 3 years without success after multiple IVF rounds and have been told our only option now is an egg Donor.

It’s been our strongest desire to create our own family and for the last 3 years our dream of becoming parents has been marred with disappointment and setbacks. We feel we have a lot to offer a child/children and just need a little help to make our dreams come true!

We are married and own a home in a safe and friendly neighbourhood in Auckland.
    We are both non-smokers who enjoy keeping active and jog & cycle regularly. This year we completed the Wellington half-marathon together and have also cycled 160kms of the ‘Great Taste Trail’ in the Nelson/Motueka area.

We are both tertiary educated – Wife from a corporate background, although now working with service dogs, and Husband in the aircraft engineering industry.

If you can help us out by making the ultimate gift we would be forever grateful!

Hopeful Parents-to-Be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Wanted to ask if you have found egg donation Australia forum yet or the corresponding FB page. I am a donor currently doing my 8th cycle and found my recipients there - including a NZ couple from Auckland who now have a gorgeous little boy.
    Feel free to message me if you want to chat, and I hope your wait is short

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spotsmum For This Useful Post:

FranSios  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Didn't want to read and run, have you looked into the options of egg donation in Czech Republic/Greece/Spain or South Africa ? I think it's the easiest most time/cost effective way of getting yourself an egg donor I went to both Greece and the Czech Republic and my d/e cycle there cost me €4500, so probably about $10-12,000 all up Good luck
    Last edited by stacey10; 08-11-2015 at 18:43.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

FranSios  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have a look at the egg donation in South Africa thread. It took us 8 weeks from choosing a donor with one of the many donor agencies, until when we were in Cape Town doing a transfer. $15,000 ish for the whole trip including donor and IVF and now pregnant with twins.... Just sayin...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

FranSios  (09-11-2015),Wise Enough  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info ladies. We are still in the early stages of looking into donor egg options, so any and all information is welcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ginger Cat,
    Thanks for the info. It's great to hear peoples first-hand experience.
    Good luck!