+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Megalohydrothalassophobia I believe it's called - fear of large objects in water. Or submechanophobia, the fear of submerged man-made objects.

So basically whales and submarines and the underside of boats and those really large deep tanks/diving pools. I braved google images to bring you this picture (though feel all dizzy and tense from looking at the search results!)
    nemo33_world_deepest_swimming_pool2.jpg
    Thankfully these aren't things I have to deal with on a regular basis

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have glossophobia - it's the fear of public speaking. If I have to stand up in front of people I go completely blank, can't see people's faces, sweat like a mofo and lose all my words. I asked not to have farewell speeches when I left my old job. I hate being the centre of attention, which may be one of the reasons I don't particularly want to get married.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I am extremely phobic and can get very overwhelmed and panicky, but it's all pretty normal stuff:

Heights
    Confined spaces
    Death
    Anything that flies at your face
    Spiders/insects
    BATS *vomit*
    Driving across bridges
    Home invasions
    Being caught in a terrorist attack
    Being alone forever
    Swimming in the ocean
    DS choking or drowning

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Spiders and snakes- it's a fear but not a phobia iykwim. Same with heights- it's not the height itself anyway, it's actually the fear or falling. When I'm up high u always imagine the building falling or me being pushed off the edge and it's the fall that terrifies me.

I actually get the feeling there is something else but I can't remember what!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    I have glossophobia - it's the fear of public speaking. If I have to stand up in front of people I go completely blank, can't see people's faces, sweat like a mofo and lose all my words. I asked not to have farewell speeches when I left my old job. I hate being the centre of attention, which may be one of the reasons I don't particularly want to get married.
    Me too! I went to a seminar at uni today (with only ~20 people) and started hyperventilating at the end and was shaking for about 20 minutes after because I merely thought about raising my hand to ask a question.

It didn't occur to me to list it as a phobia since I know it's nothing that can actually kill or hurt me. Unlike whales which will just swallow you whole and keep on swimming

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

calicocat  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Snakes - kinda. I can deal with one if I have too. ( ). But I can cope with seeing a picture or video of one.
    Apparently my mumma bear fears can out rule the phobia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rats. I can't even walk past them in cages at pet shops. They absolutely terrify me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ ~Marigold~ I so could not deal that.....Hell no!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I remembered. Sand. I hate sandpits. I detest beaches.
    I hate the texture. I hate hearing it. I hate the look of it. I hate sand.

I deal with it if I have to. But just no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the normal ones - heights (only started once I had children), snakes @ spiders.

Other ones would be vomiting - if you be sick, I'll be sick with you then continue to be sick. My worst fear is gastro.
    Swallowing tablets - freaks me out where I think I'll choke..
    Last one would be a huge fear of people bringing up phelgm. I literally get the shakes, sweats and want to be sick.