+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spiders anything bigger than a 20 piece. Hunts mans are the worst I cringe and go all grossed out when j see them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Heights. I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower on our honeymoon and just stood there crying and shaking.

Moths and butterflies. Having my face covered (can't go under blankets, put my head underwater and if anyone covers my face I lose my sh!t),

The dark. Yes, at 36 years old I am still scared of the dark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heights, heights, heights and heights. Did I mention heights?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enclosed spaces and medicine.

Also heights

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Free fall. I get sweaty palms and my heart rate goes up just thinking about the giant drop at dreamworld... Despite the fact I've been on it at least 7 times. Something has happened since then (not sure what exactly) and I get all panicky about it.

Feeling of being trapped. I don't like being pinned down at all. Even when I've been mucking around play fighting with my sister or mucking around with partners (iykwim) and I get pinned down I start freaking out, thrashing around and carrying on until they let me go. I don't like not having full control of my body. This is why the thought of an epidural or spinal terrifies me. Even going under a general anaesthetic, those few moments when the drugs are going in and the oxygen mask is pressed against your face. I have to fight my urge to freak out because I know I'm safe and in a safe place. I can always feel my heart pounding and speeding up right before I'm out...

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Heights
    Confined spaces and the fear of having a panic attack in said confined space, therefore manifesting that initial fear until the panic attack occurs! I suffered for a long time in that dreaded cycle, especially when I had to take a train in peak hour to and from work. It started to really affect my life and I had to disembark the train some days because the thought of the train coming to a stop between stations (which it often did) and being trapped like sardines with hundreds of people while trying to hold a panic attack at bay was just too much. Thankfully I rarely get them or even think about them these days.
    Choking. This stems from my childhood and has had a marked affect on my life, so much so that I completely stopped eating at one point as a child and was misdiagnosed with having anorexia (I lost a dramatic amount of weight due to this irrational fear) and still have frequent nightmares to this very day about choking and wake up completely convinced I have something lodged in my throat. (as in still dreaming but awake) It's quite terrifying.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 08-11-2015 at 15:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I have emetophobia, a fear of vomit/vomiting. Been like this since I was a child, with my parents believing it was just an attention seeking thing (as my little sister used to get sick a lot).

Even if someone says they fell unwell, my heart starts to race, my breathing gets shallow and fast and my anxiety goes through the roof. I try and get as far away from them just incase. If someone is vomiting, I can't be near them. I don't want to see it or hear it. My husband knows to go to the other bathroom if he's sick.

I'm working on it now I have kids..as obviously can't really avoid vomit. But I still get the horrible anxious/panicky feeling and I still want to run away and hide..but force myself to stay. I can't relax or sit down, just pave the house and try to keep myself calm enough so that they don't realise how scared I actually am.

As for if I'm sick...I don't vomit. I haven't vomited in years, and if I do start to feel unwell it triggers all the same anxiety stuff.
    This is exactly me! Having kids has definitely helped but it still sends my anxiety through the roof!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dentist. Even the thought of making an appointment has me breaking out in a sweat.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one here for birds and chickens. We had a budgie growing up and every time my family let it out I had to stay in my room with the door closed so it wouldn't come near me. The flapping and their beaks and feet really freak me out. Pigeons are the worst for me though, I feel physically sick if I even look at one.
    Another biggy for me is a fear of drowing. As a kid I didn't go past my knees at the beach till highschool, this was hard being raised in a small coastal town with a family who loved to surf. I also screamed blue murder during swimming lessons and still to this day cannot open my eyes underwater even though I'm a strong swimmer. As soon as I open my eyes I panic, it's the weirdest thing. Being trapped under water and not being able to breath would have to be my worst nightmare, think sinking ship, plane crash or car crash into water. I could never ever go on cruise EVER!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Koarlo For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wasps
    Spiders
    Snakes
    Pawn shops
    People's faces in really old photos (those ghostly looking types with the dead eyes)
    Walrus's