+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly not at the moment... My DH works away 2 weeks then home for 1, I totally struggle in those 2 weeks, it's bloody hard to be with the kids day in day out! Most days it feels like Groundhog Day, DS is 2 (3 in Feb) and is very difficult most days... I'm tired all the time & would give anything for more support from my family.

Hubby used to do a 1 week on 1 week off roster up until his company changed things for us in April... We are hoping to stick it out till Christmas then change jobs back to the old roster, it's so much easier on the whole family we hate being apart for so long, it will mean a big pay cut fm for DH & me going back to work but honestly money isn't everything & the kids will only be young once!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Honestly not at the moment... My DH works away 2 weeks then home for 1, I totally struggle in those 2 weeks, it's bloody hard to be with the kids day in day out! Most days it feels like Groundhog Day, DS is 2 (3 in Feb) and is very difficult most days... I'm tired all the time & would give anything for more support from my family.

Hubby used to do a 1 week on 1 week off roster up until his company changed things for us in April... We are hoping to stick it out till Christmas then change jobs back to the old roster, it's so much easier on the whole family we hate being apart for so long, it will mean a big pay cut fm for DH & me going back to work but honestly money isn't everything & the kids will only be young once!

But saying all that, I'm day 11 of DH's 14 days away & I am over it, it gets harder towards the end of the swing!

I love my husband & still can't believe I met him & that no one else had snatched him first! He is an amazing man who works so hard for us! I am so grateful for what he does & think he deserves to be home more as he's an amazing Dad & husband who misses out on way too much.

I also love my kids, they are closer in age than I thought which makes things hard but I am very thankful for them.

Just wanted to clarify, it's not all bad, just very hard due to the work situation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you really happy?

I am really happy. I haven't always been and it's taken a lot of self reflection and work to get there. Things that have really helped have been:
    Choosing to focus on the positive side of things.
    Trying new things / taking chances and be willing to fail / be rejected.
    Growing thick skin and not letting other people get me down.
    Putting effort into things (eg work, friendships, relationships).
    Being kind to myself and being selfish sometimes.

I had no preconceived ideas on my life would turn out so can't compare it to anything. I guess in that way I can't be disappointed either!
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 08-11-2015 at 13:50.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly yes and yes.
    I am lucky to have a wonderful husband who is so involved and hands on to our boys. We have certainly had our share of hard times over the years which have only made us stronger. All in all yes I am very happy, I'm content with life as it has turned out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes very much. I have a great dh and we are just loving our little family of 3. We are ttc#2 and can't wait to welcome a sibling for ds. There are a few things I wish were a bit more sorted eg career, but most things I would want to change are minor. Life is long and it will get sorted when my kids are a bit older.

Very happy with we're we are at, it's been a long hard road getting here but I think we are in a great place right now. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.
    I always wanted to be married and a mother, and at 25 I have both an amazing husband, two perfect little boys and we will be adding another to our family in the near future. I've done my degree, built our first home, I have a husband who understands the importance of a stay at home mum and supports us financially so that I can raise our boys, and that is all I ever wanted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My life is NOTHING like I planned, but am I happy? YES!!

Didn't expect to become a single mum, then didn't expect to get pregnant accidentally with DD, and I definitely didn't expect I'd meet someone like DP and fall in love so deeply with him (and be so deeply loved in return). It has its challenges, not least of all my DD's recent cancer diagnosis, but she will get through this and we will all survive this horrible time.

I was in a happy head space when I met DP, and having him and his kids enter my life has only added more happiness and enjoyment. We are both quite mentally strong people so I feel we are well matched in that way. We help each other through tough times and I think this has contributed greatly to both our happiness.

I saw this once and it sums my life up perfectly:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1446965271.203150.jpg

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-11-2015),HillDweller  (08-11-2015),LoveLivesHere  (08-11-2015),Wise Enough  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!!! Not what I expected, so much better. I honestly wouldn't change anything.

To the people that aren't happy... thinking of you and hope you find your happiness soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, my life hasn't turned out the way I'd hoped it would, and as a result of that, I'm very unhappy 😕. The only thing that makes me happy is my beautiful little boy. He is my reason for still being here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    No, my life hasn't turned out the way I'd hoped it would, and as a result of that, I'm very unhappy 😕. The only thing that makes me happy is my beautiful little boy. He is my reason for still being here.
    This is me. Word for word