+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bugaboo Donkey for twins

Hi all!!

I am due in May next year and currently on the hunt for a pram. I am pretty keen on the Bugaboo Donkey, can anyone who has had newborn twins and this particular pram shed some light on how they found it (Pro's and cons) ?

So many options, and being a first time mum, I have no idea what to look for!

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bugaboo Donkey for twins

Hi Jessy,

Congrats! Twins are awesome

We have the Bugaboo Donkey Twin for our 4 month old twin boys, and we love it.

Pros -
    Boys are side by side so very easy to get them in and out (we preferred this over the one on top of the other options)

The bassinets are really comfy and the sunshades give them great coverage.

Really easy to put up and down (once you get the hang of it) and can be folded with seats on - but if you have a smaller boot it breaks down relatively small when you take seats off etc

Can use it to grocery shop if you put one bub in a carrier and put the basket on the top (instead of the second seat).

Fits through all standard doorways (unless you've got capsules on it - we didn't bother with them).

Looks nice!

Super easy to steer (can easily use one hand) and has a really tight turning circle

Cons -
    The cost, it definitely wasn't cheap but we found a cheap price online then asked Baby Bunting to match it, which they did. And I'm told they hold their value well for resale.

It attracts a lot of attention because it's big - and trust me, you'll get a lot of attention with twins anyway!

It's hard to fit it into really tightly packed restaurants and shops but if that's the case you can remind them that the pram is the same width as a wheelchair and if you can't fit, then neither can a wheelchair (which is illegal!)

Edit to add - thought of one more con, the basket underneath is quite hard to access when both bassinets are on, but it's fine and really roomy with the seats. This hasn't been an issue for us, we just put seldom used stuff there (like the rain covers or the baby carriers).

Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions x
    Last edited by MrsA2B; 08-11-2015 at 17:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much! This has been so helpful, really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    Hi Jessy,

Congrats! Twins are awesome

We have the Bugaboo Donkey Twin for our 4 month old twin boys, and we love it.

Pros -
    Boys are side by side so very easy to get them in and out (we preferred this over the one on top of the other options)

The bassinets are really comfy and the sunshades give them great coverage.

Really easy to put up and down (once you get the hang of it) and can be folded with seats on - but if you have a smaller boot it breaks down relatively small when you take seats off etc

Can use it to grocery shop if you put one bub in a carrier and put the basket on the top (instead of the second seat).

Fits through all standard doorways (unless you've got capsules on it - we didn't bother with them).

Looks nice!

Super easy to steer (can easily use one hand) and has a really tight turning circle

Cons -
    The cost, it definitely wasn't cheap but we found a cheap price online then asked Baby Bunting to match it, which they did. And I'm told they hold their value well for resale.

It attracts a lot of attention because it's big - and trust me, you'll get a lot of attention with twins anyway!

It's hard to fit it into really tightly packed restaurants and shops but if that's the case you can remind them that the pram is the same width as a wheelchair and if you can't fit, then neither can a wheelchair (which is illegal!)

Edit to add - thought of one more con, the basket underneath is quite hard to access when both bassinets are on, but it's fine and really roomy with the seats. This hasn't been an issue for us, we just put seldom used stuff there (like the rain covers or the baby carriers).

Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions x