+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 927
  1. #281
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    6,644
    Thanks
    3,135
    Thanked
    3,028
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I see that sort of thing on the MCN bbs pages. Bambooties that "have only been worn a few times" that are only $10 cheaper than new for the whole lot of them. Add in postage vs Bambooty's free postage and it's dearer to buy used than new. Despite that I see SOLD after 30 mins
    I find some people don't research/shop around anymore. I see things on BSS pages and eBay all the time that really aren't that cheap, but people buy them! I was looking for a thermomix cookbook last year and looked on eBay hoping to score a cheapie. People were paying up to $100 for a book that was $35 in their store/from a consultant. People can be stupid. They just think those sites are cheap when they aren't always!

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    246
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I find some people don't research/shop around anymore. I see things on BSS pages and eBay all the time that really aren't that cheap, but people buy them! I was looking for a thermomix cookbook last year and looked on eBay hoping to score a cheapie. People were paying up to $100 for a book that was $35 in their store/from a consultant. People can be stupid. They just think those sites are cheap when they aren't always!
    Like the Nintendo Wii. Cash Converters sell them for $25 and people are posting them for around $80.

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    397
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *eye roll*
    Attached Images

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,117
    Thanks
    2,910
    Thanked
    3,332
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A barbie keyboard still in packaging was for sale the other day and was snapped up instantly (I was a NIL person ). Then someone commented "good to see you're using it". I'm guessing she gave it to the seller. I sensed tone.

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    6,644
    Thanks
    3,135
    Thanked
    3,028
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^ Badly used is right if the kids have been in to it! Notice the pic doesn't show the inside either. Just chuck it out!

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    6,644
    Thanks
    3,135
    Thanked
    3,028
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    A barbie keyboard still in packaging was for sale the other day and was snapped up instantly (I was a NIL person ). Then someone commented "good to see you're using it". I'm guessing she gave it to the seller. I sensed tone.
    Ummmmmmaaaahhhhhhhhhh. This is why I never on-sell gifts we get that I know we won't use/already have on the local page. Don't want people to get upset when they have been kind enough to get the kids a present!

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks
    458
    Thanked
    433
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

    JR03  (19-11-2015),Leettieb  (19-11-2015),MillieMollyMandy  (20-11-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (19-11-2015)

  9. #288
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,599
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked
    376
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Ummmmmmaaaahhhhhhhhhh. This is why I never on-sell gifts we get that I know we won't use/already have on the local page. Don't want people to get upset when they have been kind enough to get the kids a present!
    Friends of mine sold xmas gifts I gave her kids and the pile of second hand clothes I gave her for her daughter (she asked for them). I would rather have given the clothes to charity.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Nomsie  (19-11-2015)

  11. #289
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    6,644
    Thanks
    3,135
    Thanked
    3,028
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Tell them they're dreaming! Buy-Swap-Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    Friends of mine sold xmas gifts I gave her kids and the pile of second hand clothes I gave her for her daughter (she asked for them). I would rather have given the clothes to charity.
    Ouch. That's rude.

    Here's a question, I've just sorted all the clothes that don't fit my kids anymore. Would you want second hand kids jocks? My gut says no, but they are in good nick as he only wore them a few months before we went up a size. Just seems a waste to chuck them. Not sure the charity shops can take undies??

  12. #290
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    3,053
    Thanked
    5,860
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Attachment 75486

    I finally have one!!
    Oh c'mon! Selling cake scraps?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

    JustJaq  (19-11-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Dreaming of becoming a SAHM
    By MrsMummaButterfly in forum Stay At Home Mums (SAHMs) Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-06-2015, 18:58
  2. fb buy/swap/sell etiquette for no-shows
    By Mod-Degrassi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 15:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Innovations Sports Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer Post Natal Pilates Classes taken by our Physios. These classes help you rebuild strength through your Core and Pelvic Floor.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!