+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 927
  1. #181
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,779
    Thanks
    7,998
    Thanked
    4,129
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Used makeup on the web is HUGE especially for designer stuff.
    Definitely in Australia where we don't have great return policies on makeup like the US does.
    Often people buy, swatch, work out its not their colour, or the formula doesn't suit them and then re-sell.
    Or for limited edition collections or discontinued that were in high demand.
    Some MAC eyeshadows I have are listed online MORE than what they were new and they've been opened!
    There's disinfectant spray you can use to disinfect make up.

    Having said ALL that, no way am I buying someone's used makeup! Disinfected or not!

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Used makeup on the web is HUGE especially for designer stuff.
    Definitely in Australia where we don't have great return policies on makeup like the US does.
    Often people buy, swatch, work out its not their colour, or the formula doesn't suit them and then re-sell.
    Or for limited edition collections or discontinued that were in high demand.
    Some MAC eyeshadows I have are listed online MORE than what they were new and they've been opened!
    There's disinfectant spray you can use to disinfect make up.

    Having said ALL that, no way am I buying someone's used makeup! Disinfected or not!
    This stuff wasn't even designer. It was just Australis, Revlon etc. All stuff you can buy cheap enough. They were even well used way more than once unless the only application she did required half a bottle of foundation and half of the 4 lippys. There was even a smokey eye pallet that had 2 shades almost all used 😂

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    246
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally, I don't get the insane 'rare' bonds movement going on atm. People are paying 4x more than retail for second hand clothes :/ and then bonds rereleases the popular ones anyway for retail making the 100$ you spent on one onesie a waste! I bought a pair of bonds leggings for my son from best and less for $4 and they selling for like $25 secondhand now. It's crazy :/

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (12-11-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (23-11-2015),LaDiDah  (11-11-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-11-2015),MaximumStarlight  (11-11-2015),MsViking  (12-11-2015),munchkin275  (11-11-2015)

  5. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,111
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked
    3,329
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    Personally, I don't get the insane 'rare' bonds movement going on atm. People are paying 4x more than retail for second hand clothes :/ and then bonds rereleases the popular ones anyway for retail making the 100$ you spent on one onesie a waste! I bought a pair of bonds leggings for my son from best and less for $4 and they selling for like $25 secondhand now. It's crazy :/
    I have no idea what's going on there either!!

  6. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks
    458
    Thanked
    433
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I can't even.......
    Half eaten Aldi food. I'm actually so embarrassed for this person.......
    I'm on this page too! I was like wtf lol

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (11-11-2015)

  8. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,839
    Thanks
    6,199
    Thanked
    16,883
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gamermummy View Post
    Personally, I don't get the insane 'rare' bonds movement going on atm. People are paying 4x more than retail for second hand clothes :/ and then bonds rereleases the popular ones anyway for retail making the 100$ you spent on one onesie a waste! I bought a pair of bonds leggings for my son from best and less for $4 and they selling for like $25 secondhand now. It's crazy :/
    I used to be confused by it all. I mean they are cute.... but they are onesies??? Then I joined a few of the bonds FB groups and omg. A few in particular do 'lucky dips' which is just a euphemism for a lotto where women go out and buy $20 suits then have literally 30 numbers @ $3 or 4 a number. One person wins. They've now made $90+ on a $20 outlay. And the sad thing is many of the women openly admit to having addictive tendencies to these outfits and how much they've lost on these lucky dips. I find it really predatory behaviour tbh and it makes me angry. Ok you have 4 suits that bub never wore and you want to sell them. But to purposely go and and buy a heap of suits then make 500% profit taking advantage of what is, in essence gamblers.... yuck

  9. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    I also hate when people get items for free or cheap and then sell them for profit. I get that it is now their item but why not just give it away or sell it for what you paid? It's greedy :/

  10. #188
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks
    1,403
    Thanked
    792
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Tell them they're dreaming! Buy-Swap-Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Brand new in box, worn a few times?!?!?
    Attachment 75279
    @GucciDahling you must be near me! That one has been doing the rounds for a while!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

    TheGooch  (11-11-2015)

  12. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    246
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I used to be confused by it all. I mean they are cute.... but they are onesies??? Then I joined a few of the bonds FB groups and omg. A few in particular do 'lucky dips' which is just a euphemism for a lotto where women go out and buy $20 suits then have literally 30 numbers @ $3 or 4 a number. One person wins. They've now made $90+ on a $20 outlay. And the sad thing is many of the women openly admit to having addictive tendencies to these outfits and how much they've lost on these lucky dips. I find it really predatory behaviour tbh and it makes me angry. Ok you have 4 suits that bub never wore and you want to sell them. But to purposely go and and buy a heap of suits then make 500% profit taking advantage of what is, in essence gamblers.... yuck
    Yeah not long ago Best and Less had bonds on special and both our local stores were empty before lunch. It's blatantly obvious people do it to make a profit. I've only ever bought bonds on special, so just can't imagine spending $70 + on an outfit they will grow out of so quick.

  13. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,328
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked
    2,197
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The bonds thing.... I confess I have sold jumpsuits at high price I don't care because we can't even feed our kids at the moment so I have sold nearly everything in our house! Unicorns, jumpsuits etc.

    Maybe I should sell my rain checks LOL. Just kidding........

    You should be on a bugaboo or pram pge that's even another laugh.

    I will post some tonight all my Apps are updating

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (12-11-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Dreaming of becoming a SAHM
    By MrsMummaButterfly in forum Stay At Home Mums (SAHMs) Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-06-2015, 18:58
  2. fb buy/swap/sell etiquette for no-shows
    By Mod-Degrassi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 15:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!