+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm regularly amazed by the number of people who don't seem to understand that items depreciate.

For example, when someone is trying to sell a used item like a pram for $350, when RRP was $500. So basically, they got to use the lovely new item foe a net cost of $150, and they think it's reasonable to expect that someone else will want to incur a net cost of $350 to use the item when it's already a bit scratched/stained/wobbly.

If it's not lovely, sparkling and basically just out of the box, I'm not going to look unless it's less than 50% of RRP!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (09-11-2015),heplusme  (09-11-2015),LaDiDah  (09-11-2015),LiterallyNoOne  (05-12-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (09-11-2015),SoThisIsLove  (09-11-2015),Wise Enough  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    or when people try to sell old/used stuffed toys for $5, $10 etc.

but I always feel sorry for the stuffed toy cos I know nobody will want it and it makes me feel a bit sad lol
    I feel bad for the toys too lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Possie7  (12-11-2015),turquoisecoast  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Lol or you could label them 'vintage' 😂
    omg I can't breathe 😂😂

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I'm regularly amazed by the number of people who don't seem to understand that items depreciate.

For example, when someone is trying to sell a used item like a pram for $350, when RRP was $500. So basically, they got to use the lovely new item foe a net cost of $150, and they think it's reasonable to expect that someone else will want to incur a net cost of $350 to use the item when it's already a bit scratched/stained/wobbly.

If it's not lovely, sparkling and basically just out of the box, I'm not going to look unless it's less than 50% of RRP!
    Yep see my post re a second hand thermomix. I also have a friend who sells "sets" of kids clothes (3-5 pieces of clothing) for $20. She asked around to see if any of us wanted to buy them. No thanks! I can go to a second hand store and get the equivalent for $10 or less or buy new for $30. What the...

I took myself off the local bss pages because I got sick of the amounts of crap on them.

There seems to be this attitude lately with all these sell pages/gumtree that people can turn a quick buck selling literally anything not nailed down, while trying to rip off the buyer at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I so hope you get me 😝
    It can be arranged.....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

tootsiegirl  (09-11-2015),~Marigold~  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I sell stuff on bss (which is very raely) I always sell at a low price, or free. And I always get asked if I will go any lower in price. I also get asked if I will deliver (often to the next big town too which is 50km away!) Someone asked me to deliver something I was giving away for free once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Tell them they're dreaming! Buy-Swap-Sell

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Yep see my post re a second hand thermomix. I also have a friend who sells "sets" of kids clothes (3-5 pieces of clothing) for $20. She asked around to see if any of us wanted to buy them. No thanks! I can go to a second hand store and get the equivalent for $10 or less or buy new for $30. What the...

I took myself off the local bss pages because I got sick of the amounts of crap on them.

There seems to be this attitude lately with all these sell pages/gumtree that people can turn a quick buck selling literally anything not nailed down, while trying to rip off the buyer at the same time.
    I know someone who sits at home and takes the welfare but tries to make a full time profit off her local bss page. it's like people think buyers are stupid and are going to part with almost retail prices for used junk.

this same person I know was trying to sell two used stratco beach chairs for MORE than retail price brand new!? someone called them on it and posted a link to the stratco website and said something like stop trying to rip people off. the entire post was deleted shortly after 😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sairz View Post
    When I sell stuff on bss (which is very raely) I always sell at a low price, or free. And I always get asked if I will go any lower in price. I also get asked if I will deliver (often to the next big town too which is 50km away!) Someone asked me to deliver something I was giving away for free once.
    Yep. I once sold a smart trike brand new in box, never opened, for less then half the $rrp and she still wanted me to go lower on the price and deliver. She started the haggling at 5.30am! Some of these people are nuts!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We once had a bit of a Sh!tfight on our page over a book. Someone posted it for sale, someone said um, I lent that to you 6 months ago, no you didn't, yes I did. Over a $10 book! If I was the buyer, I'd have apologised and handed it over! Not tried to argue the point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or experienced @SAgirl