+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally gross, I can't stand seeing people shoeless in public let alone public toilets. Ds is only 1 but I can absolutely assure you he will never be shoeless in public once walking!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haven't read the other replies but for me, no, I would not allow my children to walk barefoot in a public toilet. Having said that, it wouldn't be the end of the world, if they happened to do it I'd simply give them a wipe (baby wipes) and a shower once home. It wouldn't freak me out to the point where I'd be writing a post about it and I'd probably never think about it again.
    As for witnessing children other than my own doing it, I would be thinking "eeeeew" but that's kids for you, I wouldn't say a word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Nope. I work in a club. I know what happens in there!! I would never allow it. Depends on mood and the moment on whether I might mention it to another parent but chances are that I wouldn't. I tend to mind my business most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm actually more curious about the use of the word "club" than what other kids have on their feet. A club to me is a nightclub. This establishment would be a bistro or a pub. I wonder if that's akin to the potato cake/potato scallop thing?

Anyway, no shoes in public makes my skin crawl regardless of the location. Well, aside from a beach or pool or grassy area at a park. But general walking around without shoes i find really off putting. And in a kids play area, I've never been to one where socks weren't mandatory. My kids haven't ever been to a play area/centre and not had on shoes or socks.

I'm not sure I'd register what other kids had on their feet, and it wouldn't occur to me to say anything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I'm actually more curious about the use of the word "club" than what other kids have on their feet. A club to me is a nightclub. This establishment would be a bistro or a pub. I wonder if that's akin to the potato cake/potato scallop thing?

Anyway, no shoes in public makes my skin crawl regardless of the location. Well, aside from a beach or pool or grassy area at a park. But general walking around without shoes i find really off putting. And in a kids play area, I've never been to one where socks weren't mandatory. My kids haven't ever been to a play area/centre and not had on shoes or socks.

I'm not sure I'd register what other kids had on their feet, and it wouldn't occur to me to say anything.
    Are you not familiar with rsl clubs, bowling clubs, leagues clubs?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Socks?
    Not with sandals.

Seriously, I would hate to be your next door neighbour

Could imagine you ringing docs because my kids are playing outside naked

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Are you not familiar with rsl clubs, bowling clubs, leagues clubs?
    Yeah, but I'd call the RSL the RSL, and any eating part of a bowling club or whatever the bistro. No idea what a league club is.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

J37  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wwyd: another shoes scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Yeah, but I'd call the RSL the RSL, and any eating part of a bowling club or whatever the bistro. No idea what a league club is.
    Leagues club is just like the other clubs but affiliated with the local football club.

Maybe different in your state but club in nsw is all of the above.

And a nightclub is a nightclub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leagues club is just like the other clubs but affiliated with the local football club.

I've never been to a league club or even know of one anywhere. I think I'd still call the eating part the bistro though.

I call a nightclub a nightclub but my head registers club as being a nightclub IYKWIM. I asked DH, he thinks the same as me.

In saying that, the RSL near me has a big sign out the front that says "see you at the club" so maybe it's just me!

ETA DH says we don't have league clubs in Vic as far as he knows.
    Last edited by Moxy; 08-11-2015 at 10:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

These are an eastern states thing. In SA we don't have leagues clubs and sports clubs are not very big either. We have rsl's but they are nothing like the ones nsw/qld have. A club to me is also a nightclub.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast