+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What my kids do is my business and what other parents do is theirs

I would not have said anything to the parents as its none of my business if their kids wear shoes or not

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

kriista  (07-11-2015),smallpotatoes  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I prefer my kids to have their shoes on if going to the public toilets....but there have been plenty of instances where they havent (or i haven't bothered to make them - such as at the playground, and they have shoes and socks and its too much effort). Not something i would lose any sleep over at all, and to date they have survived without contracting anything nasty .

But...I did let my 4yo wander around the supermarket today with no shoes...I didnt even take shoes (wasn't worth the fight)...so probably my "shoe compass" is waaaay off

If anyone ever said anything to me about my childs shoe-less state I would have looked at them incredulously...but not laughed just in case the person was a little cray-cray .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would not want my DS to go barefoot in that situation, no.

I don't think someone else's child being barefoot is my business though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zero Sh!ts given about whether other kids wear shoes in toilets.

I can't think of a time when my kids have been in a pub toilet barefoot but I'm sure it's happened in other public toilets (park, pool).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

kriista  (07-11-2015),Wise Enough  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I didn't say anything - partly because I was so stunned (that someone would let a grown child go shoeless in both a kids play area and a public toilet) and partly because it wasn't my place to say something as it wasn't a clear case of negligence/harm to child/others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a bit gross I guess, but not the end of the world. I would guess the toilets are cleaned regularly, unlike the playground as PP pointed out.

If it were my kids and they were wearing thongs or some easy slip on shoes, I would have asked them to put shoes on. If it were lace ups I may not have bothered asking them. Takes too long and I would be wanting to go and sit back down!

If it were someone else's kids I saw, it wouldn't have even registered.

If it were me with the shoeless kids, and you said something to me, you would have copped a few choice words from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't encourage my child to do it (lets face it kids sometimes just do what they want) because I cringe at it but I'd not say anything. Its a battle that is not worth it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yep, I would and have.

I've had my 2 year old who was toilet training and we were at the club having lunch. She was playing in the playground (no shoes rule) and then needed to go to the toilet urgently. It was either go to the toilet with no shoes or pee all over the floor.

Call me feral
    Socks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I dare say my 5 and 7 year olds have quickly ducked off to the toilet with no shoes.

Maybe in the men's where there's more chance of urine being in the floor...

Seriously, it's gross but not something that consumes my thoughts.
    I know for a fact that my 7yo has. We were at a bistro with a 'shoes off rule' indoor play area. I saw her walk out of the toilets with her 10yo cousin with just socks on.

I explained that she should have put her shoes back on as her socks could soak up wee if someone had missed, and then she's walking it all over the play equipment. I would've been (slightly) happier if it was bare feet - at least then most of the grossness would have rubbed of on the bistro carpet on the way back.

We're a shoes on in the house family but I do have a thing about seeing kids shoeless in shopping centres, supermarket and public toilets (I think some of it is the risk of broken glass though as much as the germs).

All that said, my 2yo was having an almighty meltdown at the MCG the other week, laying in the middle if the walkway and shoving the hands get had just had all over the floor into his mouth, hitting me away when I tried to stop him.

I was sure we'd be in for a night of vomits after being exposed to tens of thousands of people's shoe-ness, but no, he was fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gross, yes shoes on definately. As for other's kids, couldnt care less if they have shoes on, not my problem.