+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG levels.. Making me nervous

Hi all!

I got a faint BFP yesterday (6/11) on a frer and had my bloods done today and my HCG came back at 14.
    I don't know how many DPO I am, about 11dpo today I suspect (7/11). But I'm nervous that this is too low.

I coincidentally had blood drawn on 5/11 that showed HCG of just 1, and progesterone of 47nmol/L.

I suppose in 48hrs it went from 1 to 14 I'm just still so worried
    Looking for some reassurance !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That seems fine to me, 11 DPO is still very early. Remember that it takes around 48 hours for your body to make enough HcG after implantation to give you 2 pink lines. So it probably didn't start nestling in until 8-9 DPO which is the most common time from for implantation.

I know it's hard, but hold off and get bloods done on Monday. That will give you a good indication of if the pg is viable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's true, thank you.
    Yep that's the plan doctors Monday morning and will get bloods done after that!

Thnks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is your period due yet? If not I'm surprised the dr even did bloods as its so early and only really going to make you nervous rather than reassure you. I hope the numbers are looking better on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea... I'm currently CD95. (PCOS.)
    My boobs were killing me obviously from ovulation so he did t

Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG levels.. Making me nervous

HCG today (50hours after last one) is 24. Not quite double.
    I think that's like a 62hour doubling time? Not very reassured but I suppose considering I don't think my period is due until tomorrow or Wednesday I can be upset.
    My progesterone seems fine at 10.5ng/ml or 33.6nmol/l and estrogen is quite high at 1009.
    Last edited by CodieBloom; 09-11-2015 at 16:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HCG can take anywhere between 48-72 hours to double so I wouldn't be too worried. Especially in the early stages. Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HCG level is still fine. It's doubling within the normal range of every 48-72hrs. Try to relax a little. I would give it a week or so and get tested again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    HCG can take anywhere between 48-72 hours to double so I wouldn't be too worried. Especially in the early stages. Congrats!
    Is that a thing that it can take a little bit longer to double in early pregnancy?
    I thought it might make sense because I'm still getting little cramps all day that feels like implantation keeps occurring...
    I know I need to relax way more, finding it very difficult as I've had a miscarriage before (and I hadn't even known I was pregnant!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Check out the betabase it has hcg levels doubling times and calculators. There is a very very wide range of normal. I'd get another blood test on Wednesday to compare (wouldn't be able to wait longer!). Good luck!!