+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive been told baths are good for relaxing have you considered a soy formula? I know quite a few women that have had lots of trouble with their babies and wind and constipation and gut ache and tried lots of things and after being put on soy formula they reckon they had a new baby. maybe it's some sort of intolerance or allergy, it's common for them to outgrow these things in time too so may not have to be on soy, lactose free etc.. forever. a lady gave me this website which shows all the formulas and what bases they are and stuff.. don't know if you will find it helpful but I did so just thought I'd share it incase https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...3dWucgpg9mLI0A

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS has constipation problem with S26. That's why novalac isn't recommended by pead.

He is on two dosages of losec. Morning and evening. We mix it with his milk because he won't take it straight. 0.5 ml. Is it too low dose? I haven't seen big improvement yet. Unfortunately, DS is a gulper. He drinks his milk fast. Finally, we found a slow flow teat that he likes. Still, he would drink the whole bottle at once. I asked chemist about the formula. They don't recommend me to change it so soon. It takes time to adjust a new one. We have been on nan comfort for 3w now. I am thinking to give infacol a try. Infant friends don't seem to work for DS but we mix it with the milk. It is hard to give him in syringe when he is fussing around! Thinking to put in a bottle with water and feed him before milk.

He is in a lot of pain from reflux again tonight and wouldn't want o be settled. Finally....4hrs later overtired and sleep in my arms again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we gave our Bub a 1/4 tab of losec to start with day and night but my doc told me see how we go but that it was ok to use more if needed.. she said some babies may even need different dosages like a half tab in morning and a tab and a half in the evening or so on.. and said we would end up finding what suits our Bub best. we ended up using a tab at night n a tab at morning time also. if I were you I'd be giving Bub panadol to help soothe his throat. there is also Zantac that u can get prescribed too if losec doesn't seem to work for yous. yes the day it can take a month to work and I know it's not good to chop n change formula but if no improvement within 3 weeks of being on 1 formula and u don't see any difference id be changing. just go by ur gut feeling hey ur the mumma u get instinct feelings. and don't hesitate to fight against any docs or health nurses that tell u there's nothing wrong when u have a gut feeling n can see also that there's defs something not quite right

Thanks
    Reviews
    See if you can find a compounding chemist nearby that will suspend the losec in a liquid for you, DD was terrible to give it to until we did that, they put a flavour in it so it's sweet, much nicer for Bub, also because of his very strong gag reflux if you are syringeing squirt it into the inside of his cheek, he'll swallow it that way, into the back of the throat & it comes straight back out!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default formula related problem?

Yes using suspend losec. 0.3ml. I suspect we need to up the dosage. dS still doesn't look like a happy baby on top of colic. Trying infacol next. Still very difficult to settle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Yes using suspend losec. 0.3ml. I suspect we need to up the dosage. dS still doesn't look like a happy baby on top of colic. Trying infacol next. Still very difficult to settle.
    @bbhope we went straight onto 2.5ml of losec suspension. 0.3ml seems a small dose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our dosage was higher aswell, but it does depend on the dilution. Fingers crossed another couple of days with the losec it will start helping, bare in mind mixing with milk makes it less effective (but you have to do what you have to do to get it on them!) so might take a little longer to take affect... The other thing that can help bubs (I haven't tried but others swear by) is chiropractor? Maybe look into it? I'd also go to a Bowen therapist, my mum swears by hers & I would have taken both my bubs if the medication didn't work.

Just additional info, with DS we used Nexium, it came in dissolvable granules, we had heaps of trouble getting him to take the losec but Nexium seemed to do the trick for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope- I can relate to your situation. I have a 7 wk old with reflux. We tried infacol last week & it was a disaster, she seemed to be in more pain? I don't know - I guess different things work for different bubs. My dd is on losec 2ml once a day, she only drinks around 30ml at a time before screaming so feeds are small & frequent. I'm exhausted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops typo ! 3ml day and night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Our dosage was higher aswell, but it does depend on the dilution. Fingers crossed another couple of days with the losec it will start helping, bare in mind mixing with milk makes it less effective (but you have to do what you have to do to get it on them!) so might take a little longer to take affect... The other thing that can help bubs (I haven't tried but others swear by) is chiropractor? Maybe look into it? I'd also go to a Bowen therapist, my mum swears by hers & I would have taken both my bubs if the medication didn't work.

Just additional info, with DS we used Nexium, it came in dissolvable granules, we had heaps of trouble getting him to take the losec but Nexium seemed to do the trick for him.
    I second the use of a chiropractor.

My 15 week old has been seeing a chiro since he was 4 weeks old for silent reflux, we use compounded omperzole 2ml night and morning as well but the chiropractic really helps! We notice a big difference if he goes too long without an adjustment. Also in terms of formula we had to stop breast feeding a couple of weeks ago and we've struggled to find a formula that suits but we've been using karicare goat formula for a few days now and it seems to be helping - we've had a lot less issues with wind too. 😃