+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I will start experimenting different dummy. Any recommendation? I am using avent and Bub doesn't seem to like it.

Also what's the big difference between rocker recliner and nursing chair?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my rocker. I got it from My Baby Warehouse. It reclines and rocks. The ottoman rocks too, so you can put your feet up and rock back and forth. So comfortable!!
    I'm not really sure what a nursing chair is though sorry 😕
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    With dummies, i tried avent first as they came in a bottle pack i bought. I also tried some other different brands similar in shape that i got as a present. Bub didn't take to any of them, so i tried the tommee tippee cherry bulb ones when i saw them at chemist warehouse. They work and i haven't looked back. Plus they're cheap! Only 3 dollars something at chemist warehouse, or you can also get them at coles or woolies for $6-$7.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by meandmyboys82; 16-11-2015 at 01:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @meandmyboys82. Oh ya, the one you posted is nursing chair. I think rocker is like in one piece.
    @Wise Enough: curious about what your recliner looks like.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default formula related problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Thanks @meandmyboys82. Oh ya, the one you posted is nursing chair. I think rocker is like in one piece.
    @Wise Enough: curious about what your recliner looks like.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447620557.404208.jpg
    So it rocks back and forth, then when they're asleep I kick the foot stool out and watch Dr Who . The arms are a great height for feeding. Now my girls are nearly 2 and 4 one sits on the arm rest next to me and the other sits on the footrest between my legs.

I got leather as I had spewers, but that's really expensive. I got it from Harvey Normal, it's a Jason Lazyboy Grand Rapids. They sell a few recliners but there's also Roth Newton and I think a few other people sell them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha my bad, i had no idea! Lol! Either way, very comfortable 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    we put bubs bassinet on phone books under the 2 back wheels to help Bub stay upright. gave him losec day and night and I found the always wanting to feed thing slowly eased off once the medication started helping etc.. u can give him baby panadol to help ease it n for gas/wind I find 'infants friend' works great for our Bub but could also try gripe water or infacol.. there's also a brand called brauers n they do a bottle in chemist for colic and there's also one for stomach calm. see Bubs reflux issue may have got better from the nan comfort as its a Caesin based formula which is suggested for reflux babies but Caesin can be harsher on the tummy like my son he had silent reflux n a sensative tummy so he had 2 losec doses a day (a whole tablet day and night) and he needs a hyperallergenic formula as they are made for sensitive tummy babies. NAN HA and karicare aptimal gold HA are reccomended formulas for babies with such issues, see the hyperallergenic formulas are whey based which helps the tummy. in the nutrition table on the formula tins you'll see in the protein is Caesin and whey (I think on average the basic formulas a made up of 60% whey and 40% Caesin which is the closest to breast milk) some are different though so if I were you id probably start the losec ASAP n try a 100% whey based formula. a lot of docs are useless.. that's how I know all this info from lots of research myself coz docs n health nurses were useless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    and my son will only take 'Nuk' dummies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP.
    Haven't read all replies but just thought I'd share a little tip that worked for us when my DS was teenie and suffered terribly with wind/gas tummy pains...we used what we called a 'kimono wrap' - a pillow case that we would iron til very warm and wrap around his tummy over the onesie and them swaddle him tight. He loved it!

We also ended up on Karicare Aptimal HA - totally different baby once he was exclusively on that formula.

Hope you find your answers soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the brauers colic mixture this morning and have been using it today. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but ds has had a major improvement tonight. Nowhere near as much crying. Also we've had difficulty getting him to drink his afternoon and evening bottles for the past few days. Today he had both. It took a bit of time for him to finish them, but he did eventually! We'll see what tomorrow brings!

I still have him on nan comfort, dr said it was fine, or i could move him onto a HA formula as PP said. Well nan ha was terrible for our first ds so i wasn't touching that, and i can't find any aptimal ha anywhere, there seems to be a shortage where i live. So i tried novalac colic formula but ds hated it. Since he was on that he's had trouble pooing and seems more unhappy than usual. Before he would poo up to 6 times a day, now it's one and he seems to be in pain. It's also quite thick and army green in colour, where before it was the normal mustard colour and he would poo easily. In fact you wouldn't know he was doing it til you caught a whiff of it.
    We've had him back on the nan comfort for a few days now and he's still not back to his normal pre novalac self.

That kimono wrap thing sounds like a great idea I'll have to try that! Ds loves going in a deep warm bath. This aftrrnoon he was crying quite loudly so i put him in the bath and he stopoed crying instantly. Even got some smiles out of him!