+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS is on losec and colic mixture. I use two fluffy towels to elevate bassinet mattress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Also pharmacist recommended pro biotic. Anyone uses it for gut issue?
    Yes - I use Biocuticals Baby biotics. I give this to DD daily.

I propped one end of her bassinet up with books. I did read somewhere that they no longer recommend this (tilting the sleep surface) but I found it helped.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default formula related problem?

Can someone pls help me?! Cry. Bub won't stop demanding for food. I know it is a classic sign of reflux or colic. I don't think he is genuinely hungry. He hasn't slept since this late morning! How can I stop him? He doesn't want dummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @whobbleyhorse: how old is our DD when u started the prebiotic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @whobbleyhorse: how old is our DD when u started the prebiotic.
    I started to use them when she was 3 wks old - she's now 5.5 months old and we are looking at weaning her off the losec when she hits 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take him to the hospital if its reached breaking point

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone pls help me?! Cry. Bub won't stop demanding for food. I know it is a classic sign of reflux or colic. I don't think he is genuinely hungry. He hasn't slept since this late morning! How can I stop him? He doesn't want dummy.
    @bbhope how is he demanding for food? If it is crying and as you say he hadn't slept all day then he is overtired and probably getting worked up and sucking for comfort. I fell into this with my DD between 5-10 weeks. Miserable from the reflux, not sleeping, crying all the time which I took for hunger (and she would generally suck if put on the breast) but now I think it was overtired and overstimulation. It got better when she settled on losec and I got a sleep consultant and went to child health nurse for help with sleeping and settling to stop the over tiredness. The losec and learning how to recognize tired signs and settle bub for day naps is what turned us around. Losec stopped the screaming, me learning how to read her and help her sleep made her happier all round.
    Cluster feeding is normal. A miserable crying baby who doesn't sleep all day isn't. Where do you live bbhope? We might be able to recommend a child health service that can come to your house for a few hours to observe bub and help you with his feeding and settling?? Sounds like this type of service could really help at this point rather than a brief gp or paed appointment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If Bub has reflux feeding him too often can make it worse. I only ever bottle fed my reflux baby and only fed him 3-4 hourly. I always thought a crying baby meant hunger so I would give him a bottle. I had to seek help and realised I was over feeding him and making his reflux worse. if he's on formula I would go with the feeding recommendations on the tin for his age.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default formula related problem?

@gingermillie: cry. He is still awake!!! We live in Perth.

We limit his feed.
    even though he is not sleeping, we still try to spread the eating out to every 2--3 hrs. We put our finger/knuckle in and he wants to eat. He looks for boobs frantically while DH holds him. We know he is overtired but we put him down with dummy and he cries within few minutes. There were several occasions he closed his eyes but the sleep only last for 5--10mins!

Yes we worried about over feeding! That's the lesson we learned early on. But he won't settle. I know it sounds bad. We try to feed him to sleep.

What can the hospital do?
    Last edited by bbhope; 14-11-2015 at 22:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @bbhope have you still got a little milk left?

If so, Lie down with him. Let him stay on the boob with you lying on your side. sleep that way. There's nothing wrong with a baby that just wants comfort from his mother it's normal baby behaviour. If that means he uses your breasts for comfort then good. That's what they are designed to do. Babies respond to breastfeeding by drifting off to sleep because it's what nature intended, you aren't doing anything bad by feeding to sleep.

During the day put him in a carrier so he is close to you and can smell you and feels safe. It's way too early for an infant to be in some kind of structured routine. It's hard, the early weeks are hard but I think you'll find it easier on you all if you let the baby lead.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (15-11-2015)