+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Steven the pharmacist at padbury is super nice; maybe ring him and have a chat about it and see if he could send you some.
    My little mantra was this yoo shall pass and within 2 days of losec, colic mix, chiro and reduced coffee we had a different bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your Paed thinks it is colic ask him about Novolac Colic Formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @bel2466: did you start with NAN comfort? We don't know which one to switch to anymore. It hasn't caused any constipation but the gas pain. That's why we decided to stay on it for now. I was told that it takes few weeks to see the effect but so hard to see bub suffering.Sigh..we thought switching would solve all the problems.

Thanks @gingermilie. We have decided to phone paed office tomorrow and see if we can move the appointment up to 5w check instead of 6w. I really hope that he will make some sort of diagnosis rather than just telling me to ride it out for the digestive system to mature. I don't know this paed. He was the dr who checked bub out at the hospital. Yes, bub has become an unhappy baby and miserable since last week. He isn't satisfied after a feed. He refuses to sleep. He woke up all the sudden and scream (nothing to do with hunger!) but feels better with sucking on pacifier and my boob in general.
    @PinkPopsicles: thanks. I'll check it out later. Padbury is pretty far from where i live. We are using infant friends at the moment. I'm not sure it does anything! On the other hand, the traditional oil that my mom brought from home seems to make bub farts a lot to relieve his pain.
    We started with Nan Pro which wasn't great, then Nan comfort, no better so our 3rd try was Bellamy's which was stacks better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone please send me the address to the padbury phamarcy so I don't o to the wrong one? pM?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds quite similar to what my son was like. It ended up being silent reflux and lactose overload. I got a prescription for losec for the reflux and had to give him half a tab in a syringe with 3-5ml water every day and night and he improved by 50% within like 2 days or so and then later when I discovered the lactose overload I put him on a lactose free formula n within 2 or 3 days was and still has been quite a happy Chappy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its on Warburton ave and the pharmacists name is seven something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it have an ingredient list or a secret recipe?

BTW, I don't know how much I want to believe in this:
    https://www.babydoc.com.au/faq/colic...baby-to-sleep/

My mom is here to help. I feel like we do overstimulate bubba. She likes to put him to sleep in the portable cot in the living room during the day while I take naps with all the kitchen noise. Her theory of getting used to the noise. Sometime I have to take him back to his cot. She always talks to me while I feed, change diaper and sometime arguing. I certainly don't like the arguing part since I don't want bub to grow up in this kind of environment. Anyway, some of the stuff in the article doesn't make any sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has been 1.5w since we change the formula. While NAn comfort has solved his constipation problem, it seems to create a lot of gas. Thus, colic. Initially, we just thought it is the after effect o the first formula (S26) but now thinking NAN is causing the problem too. No doubt that he has reflux problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ngaiz: have you tried the novalac colic with your bub? There are so many versions, colic, reflux. Are they any difference? I can't seem to access their website properly with my browser. Bub obviously has reflux and painful gas (colic if you want to call that).

Thanks
    Reviews
    just got back from the paed appointment. I'm not sure what to think of it. As usual, I feel like i am the one who do the research and make the diagnosis rather than the Dr. The Dr said that colic (digestive) is normal and it will go away on its own. The fact that he started all these at 3w is the classic sign. Sigh....i feel so hopeless. It can't be normal to be in such pain for passing the gas? When i felt difficult in early days, everyone is telling me that things will get better. I feel like it is getting worse. Bub hardly sleep at all. We would be lucky if he sleeps more than 30 mins! The positive note is that he always cries for a reason.

Then, i went on to ask about reflux and medication. Again, i am playing medical dr here! He prescribed losec and will want us to go back in two weeks time for his 6--8w check officially. I really hope that it helps because it is so hard to see a miserable and unhappy baby.

Obviously, bub demands for food is mainly caused by the reflux. What do you do to prevent him from wanting to be fed all the time? We certainly overfed him in early day. Now, we limit his top up to 90ml and he still demands for food every 2 hrs which is a bit much. I guess constant feeding has more to do to him being awake and unsettle.