+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Dr didnt say anything. We are just going by his need. He used to drink 120ml x 6 a day but he dropped 1 night feed recently. We would be happy to give him 150ml x 5 to make up the dropped feed but he doesnt seem to be able to drink that much per feed.

I also thought that 3 months is the time for growth spurt. It didn't happen to him. He lost his appetite around that time instead -- complaining while giving him a bottle at 7am after hadn't eatign anything since 2am!

He is ~15w old now. The growth spurt can't be coincide with the change in formula, can it!? He does have a stomach bug going on. At least that's what i am thinking because the pooping after each feed has been going for more than a week now. Then, we switched the formula, which isn't helping the situation. Anyway, the HA formula does look watery. This is rather problematic because he woke up at 5am this morning crying for food.

I just want to see if anyone has any experience with HA and has the same problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want to add, my ds2 stopped feeding at night and didn't pick up an extra feed during the day to make up for it. He frequently goes about 10 hours overnight between dinner and breakfast feeds. Still only has 4 bottles during the day, rarely he'll have 5. He's 4 months on thursday and on average drinks from 120ml - 180ml depending on how hungry he is. More often he'll have around 130ml. I was worried it's not enough but he's putting on weight and happy .... when his gums aren't giving him grief!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to know @meandmyboys82. I thought something is wrong with DS for not drinking mroe during the day to make up the calories. Not that he needs much more since he is well fed.

Oh....need suggestion. The HA formula is very watery. It makes his reflux worse and less full. He vomited during tummy time even 1 hr after feed. He never had a problem with vomiting while on nan comfort. Is thickener any good? If i use thickener, can it replace losec? I dont' feel like giving DS too many things to solve one problem. If thickener works, i am happy to skip losec.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thickener and losec are 2 different things. The thickener bulks up the milk to hold it in tummy longer but they can still have the reflux. My dd was on losec for 11 months and thickener every time had ebm. We found tunmy time a nightnare regardless when feed was would always vomit even 11/2 hrs after so had to do tummy time then feed after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know this is an old post but I thought I put my 2cents in, in case someone else is having the same problem.
    My son was very colic from about 4weeks onwards, hardly slept, constantly feeding (BM), I was like a zombie and hubby wasnt much help (self- employed).
    Paed said he has reflux- put him on meds (forgot which one)... Didn't help, infants friend helped alot, propped his cot on an angle.. started supplementing with formula, first on Karicare, made son worse, tried Bellamy's, son liked it but still colic, Nan pro, worse. Suspected lactose intolerant since hubby is too. Used lactose drops added to express milk.. Whaa-la!! Happy baby. We also started him on Nan HA Gold which he loved and drank about 150ml per feed.

In summary, the cause of our son's colic was the lactose and his inability to digest casein... So he was alot happier on Whey based milk.
    Once he started solids at 4.5mnths.. His reflux got alot better and he was sleeping on his own (after abit of sleep training).
    Hugs to u @bbhope.. Ive been there and it sucks. But u are a wonderful mum and u're doing an awesome job!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't that casein similar to breastmilk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I know.. Breast milk is all whey unless u have cows milk or dairy in ur diet which could go across to BM and affect the baby.. In my case the thing in BM that was making son colic was the lactose.. Esp in the foremilk.. So the constant feeding is making it worse because he never got to the fatty part of the milk, only the foremilk which is full of lactose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended giving him a few drops of lactase before a feed or added to express milk and that helped reduce his wind and gas pains

Thanks
    Reviews

Default formula related problem?

I am fully bottle feeding now. Would you suggest me to give lactose free formula a go? His symptoms more like lactose overload. The dr just said lactose intolerance I
    Is rare.

Ok. HA formula is all whey. No luck with it. Still a lot of gas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would give a lactose free formula a go. If it is the case that ur son does have lactose overload, u would instantly see an improvement.
    Alternatively u could buy the lactase drops from the pharmacy and give that a go first. Add it to his bottles say 10mins before feed.
    I hope u get the bottom of this soon.