+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK. small improvement. I rocked him to sleep with our nursing chair (same motion as the swing) then transferred him over. He fell asleep......everytime he woke up, i stood in front of him. So far, 45 mins is the longest but i hope he will sleep longer when he gets used to it.........better than 10 mins that i normally get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is your inbox full bbhope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mailbox cleaned.

A quick question. What do you do when bub has an episode of reflux? Like he screams and looks for something to drink? If water is no, what can you offer? I feel like i am just letting him to be in pain.......I am seeing the GP. Losec doesn't seem to work for him. He still has painful reflux and constantly gets woken up by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Under paeds advice we still had occasional gaviscon and baby biotics helped。we had a mad dash to hospital at 11 weeks with vomiting blood due to rhe reflux so tried to settle problems after feeds asap after that but yes they do like more milk as it settles tummy till they are sick again such a hard and vicious cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Mailbox cleaned.

A quick question. What do you do when bub has an episode of reflux? Like he screams and looks for something to drink? If water is no, what can you offer? I feel like i am just letting him to be in pain.......I am seeing the GP. Losec doesn't seem to work for him. He still has painful reflux and constantly gets woken up by it.
    I can't remember if you've tried a dummy, but that's what I do to soothe my dd in between sips of bottle or when I'm breastfeeding.

I'm seeing improvement this week, been on losec 3 weeks now. I hope things get better for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has been on losec for three weeks. No improvement. We aren't going back to the same paed because we were told purple crying every time. He is very unsettled. Hard to fall asleep and stay asleep. That's another issue. He is clearly overtired but refuses to sleep!!! I have started the every 3hrs feed rule so I don't over feed him due to reflux.

I contacted the ngala. They will put me on a day camp. I will try pro biotic this weekend.

I haven't had much luck with swing. DS is now the most difficult baby in the world. I put him in after rocking him in the nursing chair. If I am lucky, he is in deep sleep cycle, he sleeps for an hr max. Otherwise I am back to resettling him. The cycle continues until I gave in and have him sleeps in my arms. Even so, he woke up so often but did fall asleep quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not to point the obvious out but why can't he sleep on you? Isn't it better he has some sleep than no sleep and then he gets over tired?

I know with my three that I'd rather carry them all day than them getting over tired and refusing to sleep at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Not to point the obvious out but why can't he sleep on you? Isn't it better he has some sleep than no sleep and then he gets over tired?

I know with my three that I'd rather carry them all day than them getting over tired and refusing to sleep at night.
    This.

My DD wouldn't sleep anywhere but on me (or anyone who would hold her!) - day or night. I thought there was something wrong with her, thought she was sick, thought she had reflux (she'd spew like crazy) but she just wanted to be held and was a 'happy spewer' . I fought it and tried to teach her to sleep by herself and it just stressed out the both of us. Things were a lot easier when I stopped fighting it and just let her sleep on me. It didn't last forever, at about 3-4 months old she gradually became happy to sleep in her cot. It was frustrating as obviously I couldn't move for 12 hrs a day and the cleaning and cooking didn't happen.

Of course this might not work for you and your family but just another idea / POV.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (04-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well said ^^^^^ as I hold my 8wk old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post

I agree with this. Your bub will be 1000 x more unsettled if he is overtired on top of the reflux.