+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over emotional 4yo boy

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    The best description I've ever heard of 4 year old boys- 'it's like living with a tiny romantic poet' constant tantrums, flailing and histrionics. Ride it out! They do get better x
    This quote is gold!!

The drama has been the most surprising thing for me about parenting. Who knew that such small people could have such big feelings over such little events?!

I've been reading a book by Janet Lansbury. In part it deals with helping little ones deal with big feelings. And letting parents know it's normal. It's helped me, but hard to tell if junior agrees with that!! She has a website/Facebook that covers most of what the book does.
    I also read a book called The Whole Brained Child that has good stuff on dealing with big feelings. It's a little scientific - good if you like a sciency approach, annoying if you don't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes its normal. Kids sometimes need help regulating their emotions, some more than others. Our son is over emotional and was an indication for further investigation along with other factors. That gave us clear answers and helped to assist me in helping him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the replies like I said it really helps knowing I'm not alone. Definitely interested in any reading. It's now up to me to educate myself to better understand what he needs from me now. Very open to reading lists