+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nappy bags!

It's been 5 years since DS was born and when I pulled out my nappy bag from storage it was faded and shabby, so would really like a new one for bub #2.

I'm not into spending heaps (would rather spend good $ on a handbag I can use for years to come!), I don't plan on having more children.

I do remember thinking I should have just bought a large handbag rather than a specific nappy bag - too many compartments, too big & bulky etc.

But now I am uncertain just how big the bag should be, it's been so long since I've had a young bub I just can't remember how much stuff I need to be able to fit in there! Tempted to get a nice new nappy bag but know I'll probably get annoyed at the size of it...

Thoughts? For those of you that opted for a non-nappy bag, how big is your bag and do you find it efficient? What's typically in your nappy/baby bag?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I use a calico library bag most of the time and just try to keep restocking it. You could go with a largish handbag...

I take a terry flat nappy as my change mat (easy to wash), reusable wipes and a couple spare cloth nappies and a wet bag.

But that's for a nearly six month old fully breastfed baby so he's a bit more predictable than a newborn.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a bobbleart kids backpack. Backpacks are great as being on your back they free up your hands

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kzm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Look at Kate hill nappy bags

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bags!

I am not a fan of the big nappy bags.
    I am generally out in the car so I have a large fake leather backpack (with a flap cover and drawstring so it expands to hold heaps) and this stays in my car with the bulk of her stuff (spare clothes, spew cloths, muslin wrap). This can go in the basket under the pram or I can carry it on my back if needed. I actually got the backpack as I was carrying my baby in a carrier instead of using the pram so it was easier for me to use the backpack and have hands free. I got it at strandbags for about $35.
    I have a nappy wallet which fits in the backpack too and this is one of my best purchases. It folds out to be a changemat and holds a small pack of wipes and about 4-5 nappies.
    Most of the time I will just pop the nappy wallet in my handbag with a spare onesie in the zip up section of my bag for emergencies. I keep tissues in my bag at all times and I use Velcro toy straps to attach toys to the pram so I don't have to have them in my bag 😀 I'm breastfeeding so don't have to worry about bottle storage or anything. I have a medium size tote bag with a zip section in the middle. It's big enough to chuck a few baby things in if needed but not too big to carry in shops/out to lunch.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (06-11-2015),sunnygirl79  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up with a big w $60 job and have found it perfect.

It's got a few compartments and I carry a smaller bag of Medicals (sunscreen, pawpaw, hand sanitizer, tissues etc) a small bag of spare clothes for both kids 5 &1) and wipes, nappies are in compartments as are hats and bibs on the other side of the bag. I've got my purse and it's my "when with kids" hand bag.

I love it. So much better than the Ryco bag I had with the eldest.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Nappy bags!

By the time I had my third, my nappy bag was a kid's backpack wihich had enough room for a few nappies, lunch box and drink bottle for my 4 and 2 year olds.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    Look at Kate hill nappy bags
    I got a very similar one from Collette for half the price ($70) its been fantastic. Looks like a big handbag but with all the necessities of a good nappy bag

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a sports bag in the boot of my car with all the frills but only have a nappy wallet (2-4 nappies, wipes, Terry flat to change on) plus a onesie and a muslin in my normal handbag. My handbag also has space for water bottles for my older kids and snacks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I got a very similar one from Collette for half the price ($70) its been fantastic. Looks like a big handbag but with all the necessities of a good nappy bag
    Was that the actual Colette nappy bag or just one of the large handbags? I was looking at those today.