+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops thank Stacey10! Missed the post, was meant to ask @adim !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kuwtk View Post
    Hi @stacey10 - just curious to know if you decided on IVF Spain? I am also considering them at the moment
    Hi Kuwtk

I still haven't decided on a clinic but I'm leaning towards IVF Spain. I've had a successful online Skype consultation with them last week. They recommended ERA test and PGS since I've never been able to conceive.

They are the most expensive clinic out of all the ones I've look into to however it seems that they are highly professionals, very thorough and have great success rates. The only downside is their prices but at the same time they are the only ones that promise 4 embryos. the rest of the clinics will not commit to anything but number of eggs. In addition, they were the only ones that promised to find me a twin donor, someone who looks similar to me. most of their donors are university students from all around the world so it's easier for them to find donors with different physical features. It's not a deal breaker for me personally but it would be a nice surprise if the child would look abit like me

I'm meeting UNICA clinic from brno Czech Republic & FIV Marbella Spain this week. I will let you know how everything goes.

In the meantime I would suggest meeting as many clinics as you can. The majority of them offer Skype consultations. I did listen to RachBy advice and made an excel spreadsheet with all the information and it was proven to be an efficient elimination tool.

Thanks again RachBy and Stacey10 for all the great adviceand best of luck to you Kuwtk , I know how frustrating this whole process is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @adim

Yes I was drawn to the guaranteed embryos too due to my track record with my own eggs- we had 3 transfers from 7 cycles. I've contacted IVF spain and just waiting for the Skype consult. Also contacted Barcelona IVF and Embryoland in Greece, which seems to gets rave reviews on here. Whilst the Dr was lovely I was concerned about a few things he said during my consult in regards to my own medical history (feel he may not understand my case well enough to give me the most suitable treatment to maximise my chances).

I stumbled across this info which compares spain clinics, not sure if you have seen it but I found it useful!
    Have already started a spreadsheet hehe

http://www.eggdonationfriends.com/fr...ng/?ofdl=22323

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Kuwtk!!! I missed this information in this website while doing my research! this is so great!!! I've already contacted IVF Barcelona just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

It seems like you've gone through alot more than me! really sorry to hear that but you will have your child pretty soon and probably will forget this horrific experience. I've only gone through 2 cycles but my gynie said it's no use in continuing any treatments since my ovaries are hardly functioning. Thank G we have so many options!!!

I've also spoken to Embryoland but the amount of info they have provided was insufficient and it felt like they are amateurs in comparison to Spain clinics.

These are the websites that I've been using for all info:
    http://www.fertilityclinicsabroad.com/
    http://www.whatclinic.com
    http://www.eggdonationfriends.com/
    http://fertility.treatmentabroad.com/

but you probably already looked at these websites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent thanks, I hadn't looked at all of those sites yet! please keep me posted with what you decide 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies, How are you all? @adim, @kuwtk: did you make up your mind already? I'd be glad to hear about you girls. @kuwtk, I guess you did as you also are in the thread of IVF in Spain. I was just passing by and curious ^^ And also, if you need any more advice don't hesitate. We are definitely going to Alicante in June, this time for vacation, and we'll stop by to the clinic to talk about a possible next pregnancy we will be ready to start with !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls
    hope you are well

RachBy happy to hear about your vacation in Alicante and possibly baby no' 2. Hope you have an awesome holiday!!!

We have decided to go with IVF Spain as well, we are flying to Alicante mid February and won't be coming back until we know for sure we have BFP. We will be doing ERA and natural killer cell tests just to be on the safe side. RachBy, do you have any travel advice on Alicante? is it a nice over there? any nice places to visit? What is the Spanish food like?

Kuwtk, I am crossing fingers for both of us. I hope this year we will both get to experience motherhood.

Wishing you all merry Xmas and very happy new year

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg donation Spain/Greece

Hi @adim

Wow so soon for you!

I had my Skype consult with IVF spain this week and they also recommended ERA for me but I'm reluctant to go over there just for the test, come back and then go back for the transfer. So sounds like you are taking the one trip for the test and then staying over there for a few weeks until the transfer? Can I please ask if the timeline they gave you is similar to mine?

What they gave me is a bit confusing,
    but I believe it goes like this - towards the end of the mock cycle (which takes approx 20 days) they perform the ERA test, then there is a break to have a period (approx 5 days). Then the real cycle starts and after approx 15 days into the real cycle is when we would need to be back in Alicante for approx. a further 10 days (for the transfer etc).

So that would mean approx 30 days overseas if deciding to stay over there for the ERA test and transfer instead of making two long trips!
    Last edited by kuwtk; 09-01-2016 at 08:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kuwtk

Yes, That's exactly the treatment they offered us. I start the mock cycle medications in Australia then on the 21st day of the cycle I do the ERA test in Spain, then we have to wait more than 30 days (approximately 34 days) for the transfer. So we will be staying for a period of 1.5 months in Spain.

We spoke to other clinics in Spain and Czech Republic and they reckon this test is not necessary and the results are not conclusive. I personally don't want to take any risks, We've been trying for more than 4 years and not once got a positive prego so It's important for me to cover all available tests prior to the transfer. According to my gynie this test is really new and some argue that it's important and some will say it's too early to tell if it helps or not. I would probably consult with your gynie and speak to more clinics.

I spoke to IVF Spain about the option of doing the ERA in Australia. They told me that they had a patient that did hers somewhere in Melbourne. I live in GC and I know City Fertility perform this test. I spoke to them about it and I was told that they send the sample to Spain which is quite ironic! that's the main reason we decided to just do it over there. But doing all tests in Australia is another great option. saves you some travel time.

I googled abit about ERA tests and this thread really helped my decision.

Check out jkelly comments.

http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forum...ndow-test.html

Wishing you best of luck with any decision you make

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg donation Spain/Greece

Thank you @adim

So much to consider isn't there! I read the link thank you. Am thinking that doing the the ERA test can only be a positive thing, as it helps them to understand an individual's body better and tailor the treatment accordingly. I understand it's a new test but part of the reason I want to go to Spain is because of the technology they have. I was initially a patient at city fertility before moving to Monash but was never made aware of this test at CF. I'm actually in Melbourne and IVF Spain told me that a patient did it here but it wasn't done properly- something to do with the results not giving them (IVF Spain) the information they needed. Not sure why or how a doctor could offer the test but not do it properly though...

as I have become pregnant previously I was going to skip the ERA but at the same time feel So emotionally drained from the whole IVF process to date that I think if I am going all the way to Spain and going to spend all this money I might as well try to maximise the chance of success with whatever tests are available. Think I will be devastated if I go through all of this and get a negative result (even though I know it's very possible). But I would be more accepting of a negative if I know that I did All of the tests as opposed to not doing them because what if the Reason for the bfn was due to the lining receptivity!! Ah my brain is exploding just overthinking everything haha

Are you also going to do the PGS and/or EEVA?
    Last edited by kuwtk; 09-01-2016 at 13:46.