+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double pram/stroller?

I have a 2 year old son and am due with another in June (my son will be about 3 months shy of 3 by then), just wondering if it is worth getting one of those prams that has the toddler seat on the front or will my son be too big for it by then? He's full of beans at the moment and if I take him out without his stroller he runs everywhere, I also have a 6 year old so I'm a bit worried about how I will manage trips to the shops with 2 running around and a new born. Any advice is welcomed on how to prepare to make it easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If hes a runner then yes id get a double stroller/pram.. But one that can convert to a single when needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I changed from a single to a double when my second child was born. My first was 2 years 3 months. To be honest I regretted it. The one I got (a phil and teds) was so big and heavy, awkward to get out of the car, an ordeal to push up a hill with 2 kids in. I wish I had just gotten one of those buggy board things, the 2yo wanted to walk most of the time anyway. Not long after I had my third child, I sold the double and went back to a single pram. The middle child was just over 3 when the baby was born, and although she likes to go in a pram, she can now walk as far as her older brother anyway.
    I didn't really have too many problems taking the 3 to the shops, I had 5yo, 3yo and baby, but the 3yo was not a runner, so maybe that's why I got away with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also it is quite a while until June, your 2yo will likely be a lot more grown up before the baby comes along, I would wait a bit to make a decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get a pram that can go both ways - single and double so I'd look at something like the baby jogger city select. Fantastic single pram but you can put the older child in the seat and bub in bassinet or capsule attachment for the first few months then add a second seat so both can sit in the pram. It is heavy with 2 kids but they are great prams and very versatile (pricey though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My 4 year old still sits in our double pram (baby jogger city select). He went through a really bad running away phAse and I wouldn't have been able to take both my boys out in public unless there was the option to strap one/both of them in.

For me the double pram was the difference between enjoying my mat leave (getting out and about, going on long walks) and having a miserable time stuck at home.

I'm glad I got a pram that easily converts to a single if needed. You can also put one of those glider boards on if your toddler mainly prefers walking.

Of course each child is different. Worse case scenario if you get a double pram such as the city select and your boy likes to walk when he's 3, sell the second seat on EBay and use the money to get a glider board.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 2yr gap and bought a baby jogger mini double. I can spend long days out and the 4yo still uses it to rest. I take it shopping and she can hop in and out as she pleases. I've had no issues steering it or pushing it, and my girls are big (45kg combined). I think it helps transition them too, they don't feel like they're being kicked out of the pram for the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the input. I think I'll look into the ones with the things he can stand on as he hates being in the stroller now, he just loves running everywhere. I was also hoping to get a stroller that the capsule can clip onto as I borrowed when when my son was born as opposed to when my daughter was born and having to transfer her from car seat to pram all the time when she was asleep and it made life easier so hopefully I can find one here that has the capsule and the thing for him to stand on that isn't too pricey or else I'll just have to try take back up with me when I go out with all 3 haha.