+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler bed n blankets

When u transition toddler ie 20month old from cot to toddler bed, do u keep them in their sleeping bag or do u take it off and start using a quilt?? Our lo still moves around the cot a fair bit so I'm reluctant to take the sleeping bag away....
    Thoughts???

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DS we had to take him out of the growbag around 18 months because the house we moved into had no air con and it was qld summer, hot and humid. Even the lightest available growbag made him sweat. I just used a sheet instead which was pretty useless as he'd move all around and end up sleeping on top of it. But he was fine.

I bought a toddler pillow and made sure I always put him down with his head on that and after a while he just naturally stopped the 360s and slept in pretty much the same position.

If its cold you might need to be more creative, tuck them in really well etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a gro bag with legs it's fantastic!!!

It looks like a snow suit I also am transitioning with a blanket on top (light as I know has gro bag too)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD used to just take her grobag off herself, she thought it was a great game. So we bought her a quilt cover and insert for her to use in the cot in preperation for her 'big girl bed'. She also used to move all around the cot but once we got her a pillow she stopped moving around. Also once we eventually put her into a bed I think it helped that the quilt cover from her cot was to be used on the bed so it was something familiar for her. Swapping her into her big girl bed was actually a breeze! I put it off for so long as I was nervous about it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

loulou21  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We ditched the grobags and moved to blankets when transferring our girls into a toddler bed. They moved around constantly in the cot but were fine in the one position once they got a pillow in the bed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

loulou21  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We moved dd to a single bed at around 20mths as well but were lucky at it was heading into summer. We just went cold turkey with the sleeping bags then as it began cooling down again, started with a sheet & layered up from there. Never had any issues with transitioning to blankets

9. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

loulou21  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved DD to her single bed a couple of months after turning two. She stayed in sleeping bags for about 4 months. We also used a doona, which she stays under. We just went cold turkey on the bag in preparation for summer.

I like the sleeping bag as it taught my daughter not to get out of bed. 6 months down the track and she's never gotten out of bed, ever. Even after a nap I go and get her. It's great!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to quietlyhopeful For This Useful Post:

loulou21  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all- I didn't think they could use toddler pillows. He certainly doesn't like our pillows on our bed when he snuggles up with us. I like the idea of keeping the sleeping bag so he can't get out of bed....I think I might try that. We will move Him in summer over Christmas break as buns no.2 is due end of January

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd just used a toddler-sized quilt. We had a pillow, but she never wanted it. She wriggled a bit, but it didn't take long for her to settle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou21 View Post
    Thanks all- I didn't think they could use toddler pillows. He certainly doesn't like our pillows on our bed when he snuggles up with us. I like the idea of keeping the sleeping bag so he can't get out of bed....I think I might try that. We will move Him in summer over Christmas break as buns no.2 is due end of January

Toddler pillows are OK after age 2. Perhaps wait a few months before adding a pillow to the mix I must admit that I was a little paranoid and kept the baby monitor on her until she was 2 1/2 just to make sure she was still breathing...