+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler bed n sleep

Our 20 month old still does not sleep through the night. He will wake once or twice a night and is still sleeping in his cot. We r expecting bubs no.2 end of January.
    I'm just wondering if moving him to a toddler /single bed will help him sleep thru the night?? What r ppls experiences?
    TIA

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    My 21 month old will sometimes wake once nowadays (usually 10-11pm). Not counting if he wakes for an early feed at 6am. Until a couple of months ago he was regularly waking at least once everynight. We didn't really change anything...except maybe an earlier bedtime and wakeup (consequence of him starting childcare etc). We cosleep so I have no suggestions there. But I think he was waking from nightmares. He can definitely "self-settle" as I will hear him wake but go back to sleep within a minute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My eldest slept phenomenally after moving her to a single bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 23 month old was waking occasionally at night while still using his cot (in toddler mode since 13 months). Once he moved into his single bed his sleep improved out of sight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My just turned 2 year old's sleep has definitely improved since moving him into a king single bed. In the cot, he roamed around a fair bit while he was asleep and frequently got upset when he ended up squished in a corner or against a railing (and would cry until we moved him back into the centre). In his new bed, he has heaps more space but funnily enough seems to roam around less, and hence not require assistance as often.

I wish we'd made the move a few months earlier!