+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have a rocking chair?

We invested in one this time and it has been a life saver. I found swaddling really tight also helps heaps.

Also 6 weeks was when he's colic peaked and has been slowly getting better. He is 11 weeks now and really only gets bad when he is tired, still a catnapper but if he is not super overtired he is much easier to settle now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we have a rocker, sometimes it's the only way to get him to sleep!! He hates being swaddled unfortunately, but does like it when i hold him kind of swaddled in my arms if that makes sense?
    We had a much better day today. I'm going to take him to one more bowen session.
    Had to change him back to the nan comfort formula as the s26 wasn't agreeing with him. That maybe why he's much happier today. Will see how the rest of the week pans out.
    We still have our "witching hour" period from around 5 or 6 until 7-9 depending on how tired he is. With the weather warming up I've changed his bath time to later to try and get him into a bedtime routine.
    I find he's worse when he catnaps. Today he had a few naps for no more than an hour each. Hopefully he sleeps well tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well things got bad over the last couple of days. As directed by gp I've switched him to a formula that has reduced lactose. I decided to go with novalac colic. It has great reviews, especially compared to nan ha and karicare ha.
    He's only had one bottle but drank it all and no spews as yet! Still need to take him to bowen again, had such a bad day with him i didn't get a chance to call

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope the formula change helps!

Has the Dr explored reflux at all? DD had reflux (screaming, pulling of during feeds, unsettled, hated lying flat, congestion and hiccups). Thewinning combination for her was losec and me going on a dairy/soy free diet (as I'm breastfeeding). Made a huge difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were on the same route. S26 first and then nan comfort. I asked about the novalac but pead won't recommend if Bub already had constipation with s26.

Oh dear. 6w is the peak? The worst is still coming for us then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 6 weeks this week & it's definitely gotten worse. I switched to novalac colic on Tuesday & have noticed some improvment. We had a GP appointment today, I wrote a list of symptoms & what I've tried in terms of formulas, remedies.. She pretty much said reflux straight away. We're going to try meds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we are back on the nan comfort. Ds had one bottle fine of the novalac colic but then started to refuse it for other feeds, he would have maybe 50ml if lucky very slowly. And kept pushing the bottle away. For 2 days he was miserable and constipated. Switched him back to the comfort lastnight and he's much better today. He had a great sleep lastnight (9pm - 3am, guzzled a bottle, then 3:40am - 7:45am. Massive for us!!) but that's prob due to the no sleep and crying all day yesterday. He's already done 2 big poos today and is actually napping, and just seems alot more comfortable in general.
    We've had no spews either. We're still using the infacol with every feed though. Fingers crossed it's not a fluke and lasts. Taking him to more bowen next week.

Wasted $30 on the novalac but ah well. It really just didn't agree with ds. I've never seen him so miserable. It was hell
    Last edited by meandmyboys82; 13-11-2015 at 13:35.