Bowen therapy for 6 week old | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bowen therapy for 6 week old

Has anyone tried bowen therapy for their babies? I have my 6 week old ds booked in for his first session today. It's been recommended to me by a friend as it worked wonders for her dd.
    Bub has colic, is very unsettled, struggles with wind and has sleeping issues. I'm going crazy as nothing i do helps him and he just cries/screams when he's awake. The only way to soothe him sometimes is walking him around constantly patting his bum or back. Even with infacol he's having lots of trouble bringing up wind.
    Wondering about people's experiences and if it worked for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've not used Bowen for my kids (I would though) but I often see a Bowen Therapist for myself and I love it. It's managed my headaches and back/hip issues which I have had for years (and that Physio/OT/Chiro had not been successful).

Hope it works for your little one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just done a quick google search as I had not heard of this before. Sounds interesting.

Please come back and let us know how your bubs responded. I would like to know the outcome, as this might be something my DS could benefit from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First session in and I'm not sure if bubs has improved or is just super tired from not sleeping much earlier. I'm taking him back tomorrow for another session. The therapist said it can take a few sessions.
    My friend's dd had 3 sessions and improved immensely.
    I didn't give my ds infacol before his bottle after the bowen therapy. He burped once and cried for a bit (having said that he drank his bottle dry which he hasn't done in awhile, so he may have been wanting more milk, but dr advised us to give him smaller amounts more frequently due to him spewing lots) but then i got him to sleep and he's been sleeping for an hour and a half so far. But like i said, he's had minimal sleep since 2:30am this morning so he could just be wiped out from all the crying today).
    I guess time will tell. I will update again after tomorrow's session. Hopefully we are onto something here.
    I'm also thinking of changing his formula if things don't improve.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did last night and today go with bubs?

Have you seen an improvement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So lastnight he had his "witching hour" as we call it til 10pm. Then he slept til 12:30, had a bottle, slept til 4:15, had a bottle, slept til 6:30, then we got up. He was a bit grisly for the morning but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. He even had a nap before we went for our second session. During the session he was great, let her do her thing with no crying or anything. When we got home he had some crying but i think that was because he was hungry. He's been good this afternoon but getting a little whingy now. However this is when our witching hour generally begins so normal for him. I also decided to change his formula from nan comfort yo s26 original as he didn't seem satisfied on the nan. He's had one bottle so far so we'll see how that goes.
    So thr therapist said to see how he goes over the weekend and bring him back next week if he needs to.
    I'm still unsure if it's made any difference as his sleep patterns are still irregular so i don't know if he was ok this morning because he had a good night of sleep or if it's from the bowen. Time will tell!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update.

I hope things take a turn for you and get better, it's so hard when they are like that, it's very draining.

Good luck over the weekend and hope for a positive update 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks i hope he gets better too. I have 2 friends that had their babies 2 weeks before me and they're going through similar tough times.
    Funny i can't really remember the first month or 2 with my firstborn but hubby tells me it was nowhere near this bad.
    I had a difficult pregnancy and nightmare of a birth with this bub, was hoping he'd be an easy baby - no such luck 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @meandmyboys82: glad to catch up with you here, although i wish we don't have to go through the same thing. I am having a similar problem with you, except I don't believe bub is colic. He cries for a reason. I would be interested to see your progress. I will be creating my own thread for questions.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!! I'm not sure if my ds has colic either, just seems that way. I know he gets bad wind pain because he burps even an hour or 2 after a bottle when I'm walking him around patting his back and bum. That's the only way to settle him, it's exhausting!
    Have seen a little improvement today. He had a really good nap for 3 hours and is asleep again now. Not sure if it's the formula change though. We are still giving him infacol too. I do feeds without it but it's alot harder for him to get the wind up without the infacol. I'm at a loss so i keep doing what i know works. But i am slowly losing my mind!! 😕