Closed Thread
Page 88 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Maxswellsmum and tanej78. Will lb do this testing? Is that my best option to try and see her? Or try to get a phone consult with dr m and keep cycling where I am?
    Yep, I get over it quickly. It still hurts but the normally positive thinker in me is positive the next one will work. Moving on to the next cycle in my head. I am a planner. I like to have at least the next 12mths worked out, always have. Ivf just doesn't play ball with my thought processes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny79 View Post
    Maxswellsmum and tanej78. Will lb do this testing? Is that my best option to try and see her? Or try to get a phone consult with dr m and keep cycling where I am?
    Yep, I get over it quickly. It still hurts but the normally positive thinker in me is positive the next one will work. Moving on to the next cycle in my head. I am a planner. I like to have at least the next 12mths worked out, always have. Ivf just doesn't play ball with my thought processes!!
    @sunny79 yea ivf likes to throw spanners into everything!

LB she did a uterus scratch in her rooms and sent it away... She was also the one who found my MTHFR mutation (so frustrating never heard of it before her after almost 8years!)

So yep she does some testing not as extensive as Nick L who I think is Monash too... I have a phone consultation coming up with Dr G M who is not a FS but immunology professor as a 3rd opinion ... A few ladies have mentioned him already... (I had a uterus biopsy with Dr g sacks in Sydney early this year who found nothing )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for including me, Annerley!
    I didn't have a stimm cycle this time and went for a FET. Our last embie which was frozen since January, from my first ICSI cycle.

Beta is tomorrow, today I'm 11dp5dpt or 16DPO. I'm having all pre AF symptoms though: light cramps, tender breast, pimples... And the flu to complete the circle 😩.

If this one is another bfn, I'll be cycling again in January. We need a small break.
    @Tanej78 just wanted to send the biggest hug! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kookii For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I caved and bought a test but I am going to wait till Tuesday/ Wednesday to test I think... How do I work how days I am, I had. 5dt on Monday last week and due to test Wednesday which is 2 weeks after egg retrieval... Trying to work out how many days post I am... So I include Monday? Having cramping and sore breasts but not sure if that is the progesterone as too early for AF symptoms for me as they start the day before for me...
    Also I am pretty calm about the whole thing, first go so not expecting it to work just happy it all has gone pretty smoothly so far how is everyone feeling x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So just having a look for you @Apples1234 & it does look like the speckled result relates to the antinuclear antibody test (ANA) and specifically to anti dna/histone antibodies. Meaning that you have antibodies to histones, which are the proteins that make up the chromosome. ANA's pop up a fair bit in the book and are classed as a category 3 immune issue from what I can see (no expert I promise, just a newbie hungry for knowledge!) but can also exist in combination with other category issues.

Oh - and prednisone is the first line of management with ANA's.

Hope this helps xo
    Last edited by Ruby16; 22-11-2015 at 15:56.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, I've been trying to keep myself busy this natural FET cycle and not focus too much on it after the disappointment from the last unsuccessful cycle. I am currently 7dp6dt and tested this morning on a FRER and got a BFN. I know realistically I am probably out for this cycle but my period is now 2 days late which is very odd. Holding onto this last bit of hope! Beta on Tuesday!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kate124 For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ttc1981- you calculate the days past transfer as the first day 'after' transfer being number one. So I had my transfer of a 6 day blastocyst on Sunday so Monday was my 1dpt and I am now 7dp6dt. Hope that makes sense!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kate124 For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so your a day before me then... So I'm 6dp5dt so probably too early to test tomorrow... Fingers crossed for you... Have you had any symptoms or like me worried it's the drugs messing with the symptoms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    Thanks so your a day before me then... So I'm 6dp5dt so probably too early to test tomorrow... Fingers crossed for you... Have you had any symptoms or like me worried it's the drugs messing with the symptoms
    I think you're exactly the same as @Hopeful37. I'm also 6dp4dt (so 1 day behind with embryo age). Have you had any HCG booster shots?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (22-11-2015),ttc1981  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby16 View Post
    So just having a look for you @Apples1234 & it does look like the speckled result relates to the antinuclear antibody test (ANA) and specifically to anti dna/histone antibodies. Meaning that you have antibodies to histones, which are the proteins that make up the chromosome. ANA's pop up a fair bit in the book and are classed as a category 3 immune issue from what I can see (no expert I promise, just a newbie hungry for knowledge!) but can also exist in combination with other category issues.

Oh - and prednisone is the first line of management with ANA's.

Hope this helps xo
    Thanks for looking that up. 😊😊Its all a bit confusing to me still the ANA stuff but that should help me start looking into some research.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (22-11-2015)