Closed Thread
Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the PUPO club mrsthomo.
    Still negative for me AM of 7dp5dt......why is it the weekend where I have no work to distract me!! Is it unreasonable to do a noon poas?? Ha ha really I am joking...
    On a serious note ladies remember we are all pepped up on hormones and emotions with extreme highs and extreme lows. I know I cried over spilling a drop of milk on the bench I just wiped only last night. I yelled at dp for asking whether he should put veggies in the madly boiling pot of water that I forgot about. Ivf clearly has so many unknowns, if it wasn't we would all be on the exact same protocols.
    We must be able to share our opinions even if they are not necessarily what someone else wants to hear. We don't all have to agree.
    Hugs to everyone.
    Mrsthomo I also think you should ask why you can't take a photo of your embryo? You pay to create that embryo, pay to store it etc. working in the medical field a patient can request to view and make notes of all their records as part of the privacy laws. A provision of a copy may be given. I say given that a photo forms part of your medical record they cannot deny the request as per health records act 2001 and privacy act 1988. This is a copy of the relevant document summary from our organisation 2014 (the most up to date) hope you can read it.ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1448057418.200801.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunny79 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (21-11-2015),Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tend to agree with @sunny79- its really hard for all of us, and what's harder is that texts and emails (or forums for that matter) have no emotion in them like a normal conversation would have, and often the intended meaning can be misconstrued......

Anyway on a lighter note, I have a bit of a forehead slap to share with you all.....So using the progesterone pessaries at the moment and its bloody hot where I am (circa 42 deg for the last couple of days) and a our A/C crapped itself (awesome!)...so come time to use the pessaries (now using 2 X 100mg at the request of my immunology consult and results in the absence of having the 200mg pessaries on hand) they are a bit squishy...and its late...and I'm tired...so I whack them in the FREEZER to cool them quickly and then sit down to check stalkbook etc while I wait.....then I take them out and head to bed to pop them in....Well, I think I nearly froze my insides!! Mental note, don't use the freezer.....

Then I get up in the morning and go about my business and sit down on our leather lounge.......I now have a greasy progesterone pessary BUTT PRINT on my lounge......Will now spend the weekend trying to google how to get grease out of a leather lounge!! Mental note no. 2 wear undies and a liner to bed so as not to soil any more expensive furniture!!

PS I did have pj's on and they are now a greasy mess too.....

@mrsthomo- *YAY* congrats on being PUPO!! And I am sooooo glad that the acupuncture helped with your stress levels....I think I'm going to try to book in for another session in a town close by this week to try to keep mine down as I think I'm similar with the stress levels to you! Fingers crosses this is the one for you

Thanks also @Annerley! Hope the waiting for your O is not going too slowly....

Take care all xo
    Last edited by Ruby16; 21-11-2015 at 08:54.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (21-11-2015),Mink  (21-11-2015),MrsSMS  (21-11-2015),mrsthomo  (23-11-2015),sunny79  (21-11-2015),Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ruby16 thanks for the laugh. I have heard you can put them up your back passage. Not sure if this is correct but I was going to ask my nurse.

I am going to ask my dr if there is anything else we can try to increase our chance of a successful transfer. I asked about metformin but the nurse said it is only if you are diabetic? I don't think that is correct but I don't know anything really.
    We are doing IVF due to sperm antibodies and because we conceived naturally before my husbands stupid vasectomy then reversal they keep saying I will have no trouble but this will be my 4th transfer (not many compared to a lot of you) but I'm loosing faith.
    I just want to throw everything I can at this transfer.

So many PUPO I am loving being able to share in all your journeys. Thinking of you all. Fingers crossed BFP!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waiting to exhale For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (23-11-2015),Ruby16  (21-11-2015),Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad I gave you a giggle @Waiting to exhale......

To be honest I'm a relative newbie to the IVF rollercoaster, but have just finished a book by Dr Alan Beer called 'Is Your Body Baby Friendly' and found it really helpful with my immune issues....there is a section on anti sperm antibodies so maybe that could be a helpful book to read? It is available through most online bookstores, I got mine through the Book Depository and cost about $35 from memory.....small amount in the scheme of things I reckon, when we are all paying a small fortune anyway!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Waiting to exhale  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok i want to get one thing straight! Everyone has a right to choose who they want to do with their own bodies! You are trying to create a family and if you see twins in your future that's awesome and I wish you all the best. There is a reason FS don't like to transfer 2 to start off with and that is because it is risky and at the end of the day we all deserve healthy children.
    I was all for transferring two until I became more informed and that was from sharing other mums experiences with multiple pregnancies, i am trying to make people aware so they can make an informed decision!! I would never want to see another mum go trough the things I have seen my friends go through and if i can help with making you aware of what tge actual risks are i will! There is no point in walking around with our heads in the clouds!!! I'm not saying every multiple pregnancy is doomed! If you read my post i stated that there are three sets of twins and two sets are totally fine! I don't want to start drama and i have no time for people who wish to start drama, we all want the same thing, and are doing our absolute best to achieve that! Be it a fresh transfer or a frozen, ive had more success with frozen so that's my decision and my choice, i know plenty of pregnancies to fresh transfers also!!! This thread has ru it's course and im done with it, goodluck to the PUPO ladies and those who are still cycling! I will come ba k to check but won't post. Ta ta

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Mink  (21-11-2015),mrsthomo  (23-11-2015),Tanej78  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby16 View Post
    I tend to agree with @sunny79- its really hard for all of us, and what's harder is that texts and emails (or forums for that matter) have no emotion in them like a normal conversation would have, and often the intended meaning can be misconstrued......

Anyway on a lighter note, I have a bit of a forehead slap to share with you all.....So using the progesterone pessaries at the moment and its bloody hot where I am (circa 42 deg for the last couple of days) and a our A/C crapped itself (awesome!)...so come time to use the pessaries (now using 2 X 100mg at the request of my immunology consult and results in the absence of having the 200mg pessaries on hand) they are a bit squishy...and its late...and I'm tired...so I whack them in the FREEZER to cool them quickly and then sit down to check stalkbook etc while I wait.....then I take them out and head to bed to pop them in....Well, I think I nearly froze my insides!! Mental note, don't use the freezer.....

Then I get up in the morning and go about my business and sit down on our leather lounge.......I now have a greasy progesterone pessary BUTT PRINT on my lounge......Will now spend the weekend trying to google how to get grease out of a leather lounge!! Mental note no. 2 wear undies and a liner to bed so as not to soil any more expensive furniture!!

PS I did have pj's on and they are now a greasy mess too.....

@mrsthomo- *YAY* congrats on being PUPO!! And I am sooooo glad that the acupuncture helped with your stress levels....I think I'm going to try to book in for another session in a town close by this week to try to keep mine down as I think I'm similar with the stress levels to you! Fingers crosses this is the one for you

Thanks also @Annerley! Hope the waiting for your O is not going too slowly....

Take care all xo
    Just a heads up, it says on my pessarie packet not to put them in the freezer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Just a heads up, it says on my pessarie packet not to put them in the freezer.
    I'm not surprised @stillfuntryin! They get bloody cold!!

I do hope you stick around though- I love reading all experiences and opinions being a newbie- I can never have enough info!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't often post on the forums and am more of a lurker as I have done 8 transfers now including 3 double transfers, 4 fresh and 4 frozen. Just wanted to jump on and say yes you can put the presseries in your back package. As gross as it sounds it is not as awful as it sounds either. I have been doing both ways this cycle as I just can't lay down for 30 mins at work so had no other choice. I am currently in limbo as my Beta results were low last week but doubled at second BT so retesting next week. Can't wait for a clear answer so that we can move forwards either way. Honestly regarding the double transfers you really need to just discuss it with your doctor, mine won't even do a double unless your over 35 and have had three failed transfers and he is one of the best, well known FS in Australia. He has his own thread on here the magical Wazza. He did one with me this time as it is my 8th transfer and my third with him and it was my last two frosties. In saying that I have had 4 double transfers all up and all were BFN's. It really is true what they say a double transfer can mean no baby, 1 baby or multiple babies. IVF is certainly not a surity some people get lucky and some just don't. Trust me I never thought in a million years when I started IVF that I would have done 8 transfers. I wish everyone who is PUPO and still cycling good luck and please don't sweat the small things. Ultimately what will be will be and I honestly believe that all of our results have already been determined so just listen to your doctors and clinic nurses and take care of yourselves xo.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (21-11-2015),Billie2  (21-11-2015),Kookii  (22-11-2015),mrsthomo  (23-11-2015),Ruby16  (21-11-2015),Tanej78  (21-11-2015),Waiting to exhale  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    I don't often post on the forums and am more of a lurker as I have done 8 transfers now including 3 double transfers, 4 fresh and 4 frozen. Just wanted to jump on and say yes you can put the presseries in your back package. As gross as it sounds it is not as awful as it sounds either. I have been doing both ways this cycle as I just can't lay down for 30 mins at work so had no other choice. I am currently in limbo as my Beta results were low last week but doubled at second BT so retesting next week. Can't wait for a clear answer so that we can move forwards either way. Honestly regarding the double transfers you really need to just discuss it with your doctor, mine won't even do a double unless your over 35 and have had three failed transfers and he is one of the best, well known FS in Australia. He has his own thread on here the magical Wazza. He did one with me this time as it is my 8th transfer and my third with him and it was my last two frosties. In saying that I have had 4 double transfers all up and all were BFN's. It really is true what they say a double transfer can mean no baby, 1 baby or multiple babies. IVF is certainly not a surity some people get lucky and some just don't. Trust me I never thought in a million years when I started IVF that I would have done 8 transfers. I wish everyone who is PUPO and still cycling good luck and please don't sweat the small things. Ultimately what will be will be and I honestly believe that all of our results have already been determined so just listen to your doctors and clinic nurses and take care of yourselves xo.
    I'm on three a day and that's not such a bad idea, do they still leak out? I'm so over wearing liners!!!!!!
    And i remember talking with my FS and they always say it's more risky blah blah blah but nobody ever told me what the actual risks were! Yeah i understood they could be born early but i never understood the actual effects of being born prem and the issues they face! I'm now glad I know so I can make an informed decision, DH and i spoke in length about it and after all this cerebral palsy crap with my son i never want to go through that again, it ant to enjoy my baby, the first 6 month of his life were tainted with me being depressed about what may have been, i just dont want to see another mummy have to go through that, so maybe that's why I'm so passionate about it because it was truly the darkest point in my life. I HOPE I HAVEN'T OFFENDED ANYBODY AND IF I HAVE I'M SORRY, I'm just trying to share what i wish somebody would have shared with me when I first started.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (23-11-2015),Ruby16  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stillfuntrying no they don't leak out. I am on three a day as well. There is no leakage at all which is great for the knickers. Though I tend to wear panty liners the whole cycle.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post: