Closed Thread
Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The double transfer debate is huge and it is always even tougher to make a completely logical rational decisions when you are already riding the emotional roller coaster of IVF.

It took us a long time to make the decision and now that we've made it - I'm off in my happy place!

But if people would like more info about the pros and cons I'm happy to share my thoughts etc via PM. It's easier and also keeps the atmosphere supportive for those who need it.

For those who are PUPO, preg or waiting to transfer with double transfers - good luck!!! It'll be me that's PUPO with 2 tomorrow!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (20-11-2015),Corbes  (21-11-2015),Hopeful37  (21-11-2015),itsgunnahappen  (20-11-2015),mrsthomo  (21-11-2015),Tanej78  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a dry throat / extreme thirst following a transfer.

This happened with my fresh cycle that ended in a early mc and now im finding that its happening again. We just did a natural FET. Currently at day 3 of a 5dt.

Im thirsty all the time and get a burn/scratchy feeling if i cant get water fast enough.

Im putting it down to the trigger shot. But i was curious as to if anyone else experiences this symptom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post

How are you going @Tanej78?
    Thank you for asking @Annerly ... I had every intention to come back and thank all of you personally but the week has been a bit mental and now the thread has runaway! Thanks for all your support guys... We had to make a quick choice whether to cycle again, and well today is CD3 and day 2 of injections!

new plan, new drugs, im on menapor & puregon to stim... First scan and bloods on monday... it feels a little surreal considering this time last week we were keeping fingers xd for a BFP... but it made sense to keep going...

Now to catch up on some of you!! xxx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (21-11-2015),mrsthomo  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    Well, it's official. BT says BFN! so should I now be expecting a horrendous af? It's usually an uncontrollable waterfall with extreme pain. Sorry for the tmi. Not looking forward to it.

Good luck to everyone still cycling, PUPO or currently enjoying a BFP. Hope you all have more success than me.
    sorry to read that @Mink
    my cycles with clexane have been a bit heavier but otherwise just a usual bleed
    hugs xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Mink  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katt1011 View Post
    @Annerly looks like you an i will be in the tww together looks like my transfer wont be until dec now. Cant believe still the dr got it wrong im not not out any hope anyway for this transfer for myself especially since af is due the day before transfer.

@mrsthomo good luck for tomorrow just think this time tomorrow you will definitely be pupo

Congratulationsto to those who are pupo or got there bfp or got excellent epu numbers i know there is some of you.
    oh man how frustrating sorry to read this @katt1101

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBB View Post
    Hi All,

Question for you all; Has anyone here transferred 2 embryos? We're on Day 2 and we have 5 fertilised. Will find out over the next few days how many are blastocyst and suitable for transfer.

We're starting to think that if we can, we'll transfer 2 and hope for the best. Our logic, obviously, is we double our chances of at least one sticking.

This is our first cycle and we're hoping it's our last.
    I've done 2 double transfers neither have worked...
    It def doesn't double your chances.... It all depends on you, your age, your quality of embryo... If its your first cycle I'd say no probably wont let you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The double transfer is not a debate, it's a choice. I've got one of the best FS in Australia. He has so much experience and he invented menevit and he doesn't see it as an issue AT ALL. We said we wanted to do it and he said great! Let's hope for twins. I have full trust in him. Professor Kelton Tremellen if you're interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebubs77 View Post
    Hi ladies, I had my second blood test today & hcg is 728 at 4weeks, 4 days. It has more than doubled in the last 48 hours - very promising so far������.

I've noticed a few comments about when to do embryo transfers & thought I'd share a few things.

1) my acupuncturist who is also a midwife & has recently completed a masters in embryology said that there is often drop off of embryos between days 3 & 5 because of sperm quality. She said the tests they do on sperm aren't that advanced so don't always identify sperm issues. Not a lot we can do about this!

2) I've had 3 x IUI plus 3 fresh transfers, 6 frozen transfers, 1 stim cycle with no embryos from a total of 4 stim cycles. I've never had any luck with frozen but I've had 2 pregnancies from 3 fresh transfers & both pregnancies were day 2 embryos. 1 resulted in DD & the other is yet to be determined. Each woman will work out what is best for her. Please, if you are having continued failures with what you are doing, try something different! Clearly for me fresh, early transfers have better success.

I hope my story offers hope that sometimes an early transfer can be better than a day 5. Baby dust to all!
    Such awesome news! Keep growing little one!

And SO true... there is no recipe that is right for everyone... you just have to be active in trying to know what you can and have a feel for what works for you...

We've only ever had blasts, but I know a friend that had IVF was a poor responder, only ever could do fresh transfers, and her now 4 year old was a 2 cell embryo..... So theres no hard and fast to it... just keep trying something to you find YOUR recipe... as frustrating as that is! believe me haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Lovebubs77  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    I've done 2 double transfers neither have worked...
    It def doesn't double your chances.... It all depends on you, your age, your quality of embryo... If its your first cycle I'd say no probably wont let you.
    Can you show a resource for whether putting two in doesn't raise your chances of success? Even if it's not double it still does raise them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Can you show a resource for whether putting two in doesn't raise your chances of success? Even if it's not double it still does raise them.
    I said it doesn't double them... not doesn't raise your chances of success...

No one is doubting your own reasons for a double transfer, i've done them and may do one again in the future if it comes to having to make that choice.
    There is lots of debate and research about it, thats why a lot don't do more than one anymore unless for reasons like you've had multiple cycles, your age...
    So many things that come into play to make your own choice. Thats why this place is awesome, to share thoughts and things that we've been told previously..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Lovebubs77  (20-11-2015)