Closed Thread
Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    @Hopeful37 I will probably take a break at least one cycle. I was hoping maybe to try FET in my dec cycle but af is expected around the time Genea closes for Xmas. I'm actually really surprised at that. I thought Genea were the only ones open on all public hols.

@stillfuntryin I've heard that FET's are more successful than fresh. I wish I'd frozen this embryo straight away now.
    I know what you mean. If this cycle doesn't work for me I want to try again next cycle but supposedly the cut of date is the 28th nov and my period is due the 27th. But then my Dr says I have until the 3rd dec now as I'll be doing a stim cycle and that's quicker than a frozen. Still it's stressful worrying about dates.
    Then I'm wondering if I should take a month off. I am beyond bloated and so uncomfortable. Maybe a rest is in order

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

can I join this thread? I was scheduled for a FET transfer last month (oct), but it was cancelled due to my hormone levels being wrong for a sucessful cycle. Then I was scheduled for a FET transfer this morning (Nov), which was also cancelled, due to both of our 5day embryos failing to thaw... So gutted - totally took me by surprise. They were my only frozen embryos. Has anyone else experienced this with their embies not thawing?

So I will have to start the whole ICSI process again for a December cycle. About a week away from day 1.

thanks in advance,
    Nat

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 yeah my Accupuncturist recommended I take at least a month off and get my uterus and health back to normal and in optimum condition for future implantation. I hope this cycle works for you. I've never had a FET, but the thought of stimming again makes me anxious because, like you I had so much discomfort and on top of that my endo symptoms were at max!!! I'm surprised I'm not addicted to panadeine extra right now. This has been the longest month of my life!

@Corbes thanks for the info! I had no idea. I didn't even think to ask the nurse today. Was kinda just cold and numb talking to her despite her being so lovely.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (20-11-2015),Hopeful37  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataloosh View Post
    Hi ladies,

can I join this thread? I was scheduled for a FET transfer last month (oct), but it was cancelled due to my hormone levels being wrong for a sucessful cycle. Then I was scheduled for a FET transfer this morning (Nov), which was also cancelled, due to both of our 5day embryos failing to thaw... So gutted - totally took me by surprise. They were my only frozen embryos. Has anyone else experienced this with their embies not thawing?

So I will have to start the whole ICSI process again for a December cycle. About a week away from day 1.

thanks in advance,
    Nat
    welcome @Nataloosh im sorry to hear about your frozen embryos. I didn't even know that was possible that 5 day embryos would have trouble thawing. That's a scary thought as I only have one frostie and just got a bfn with my first one. There are sooo many variables in this journey. It's a never ending roller coaster isn't it? Good luck with your next cycle hope you have some success.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

Nataloosh  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Congratulations to all those with BFP!! Baby dust to those who are PUPO! @katt1011 hope everything went well for your yesterday
    Quick question during a FET has anyone else had to do 2 trigger injections? So the nurse called yesterday and said that I haven't ovulated so I have to do a trigger Friday an one day of transfer? Anyone else done anything similar?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mink
    Will your FET be a natural cycle or a stim cycle? I haven't done a stim FET before but the path to transfer day on a fresh cycle isn't bad at all - just a lot of blood tests! I think I had 8, but otherwise easy on the body, just emotionally tiring.

best of luck with your FET - I hope it works well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    I am also a firm believer in frozen over fresh, i think your body has just gone through too much with all the stim meds to even think about being preggers lol, I think that's why my fresh failed, ive had great success with frozen so far!
    Dont forget some of us are new, and to get to frozen, you have to start somewhere.. Id like to think I had a chance. Our bodies and history and plans are so different, but our end goal is the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    Dont forget some of us are new, and to get to frozen, you have to start somewhere.. Id like to think I had a chance. Our bodies and history and plans are so different, but our end goal is the same.
    @Billie2 i never said anything like that, i was just agreeing with @Apples1234 that there are proven higher success rates with frozen embryos and my own journey has proved that for me also..
    I know plenty of people pregnant from stim cycles but you have to admit it's not exactly the most favorable conditions to be transferring an embryo after what you've just put your ovaries and uterus through, most clinics will agree with higher success rates with frozen.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stillfuntryin to be honest I have no idea about best conditions. Its my first round of IVF, Im only at stim stage. I just want a sibling for my son. So be it fresh or frozen. Really doesnt matter to me. Its something I cant control. x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

pillowhead  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataloosh View Post
    Hi ladies,

thanks in advance,
    Nat
    Hey there. Sorry to here that. So many disappointments in this IVF journey. It's so so hard. One thing you can investigate is whether or not your clinic use the new "quick freeze process". I only found out about it in this cycle (my third). My first two cycles were at a different clinic and my FS told me freezing had a fairly big risk of losing them where as this new clinic (Repromed) told me freezing is no issue as they use the quick freeze and only 4% don't survive. What I found frustrating throughout this process is us women are completely trusting in the professionals and sometimes they don't give us all the information available and we end up finding out new information on threads like this. What this IVf system really needs is a government run service that has no stake in any clinic telling us all the facts and information the clinics don't share so that we are well informed to choose where we spend out loads of money and hope! Did you know the government won't even release clinic success rates to the public! It's crazy, this should be free information.