Closed Thread
Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @Billie2 - I am a ridiculous organizer too! My job is pretty much project management and was just telling a friend today wouldn't it be fantastic if we could treat Ivf like any other type of project. Make sure all i's are dotted, t's are crossed, approach with the same level of fanaticism that we all approach Ivf with. If we have the correct doc, the right meds, eat the right food, do the acupuncture, do the meditation, get the sleep etc we get the gold stars in each box and then cash them in for a healthy baby haha
    The things that are thought about for stress relief!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

exilius  (17-11-2015),mrsthomo  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ttc1981 @Hopeful37 Genea have never taken any money from me before any treatment. The only thing I paid for prior were the meds (since they're no longer fully covered by Medicare). About 2 days after EC and ET they deducted day surgery fees and the anaesthetist fees. We don't have private health so we don't get any hospital cover rebates/get the charges sent to a private health fund. I only got the sms re the full IVF fees today saying they will deduct tomorrow, which will be 9dp5dt. So pretty close to the end of the first cycle. Im at Genea Sydney so I don't know if it's different at their other branches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @woof5105 yes! This is definitely a project! Logistics, juggling perceptions, fitting in with work, time, budget, pressure for updates, results! We are all project managers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    @ttc1981 @Hopeful37 Genea have never taken any money from me before any treatment. The only thing I paid for prior were the meds (since they're no longer fully covered by Medicare). About 2 days after EC and ET they deducted day surgery fees and the anaesthetist fees. We don't have private health so we don't get any hospital cover rebates/get the charges sent to a private health fund. I only got the sms re the full IVF fees today saying they will deduct tomorrow, which will be 9dp5dt. So pretty close to the end of the first cycle. Im at Genea Sydney so I don't know if it's different at their other branches.
    Great thanks for that. I'm at Sydney genea to. You must be close to having your bloods? How long after et do u have it? The nurses call me tomorrow and let me know when mine is ( had transfer today)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 my BT is on Thursday! But I will probably POAS beforehand. I keep saying I won't... But I have no self control lol. So that's 11 days after my ET and 1 day after af is due. Big congrats on being PUPO!!! Feels like such an achievement doesn't it? Good luck. Let us know if you decide to POAS beforehand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow there are so many people PUPO.
    It is great to follow everyone and to see everyone being so supportive.

Billie2 just wondering what you mean by bulk billed IVF? Glad to see you are back off the bench.

Sending everyone huge sticky vibes and if this is not the cycle that works for you then I will send you hugs to help get you through this horrible time.

Could anyone help me understand why after a transfer I never get to BT without getting AF first.? I have a short cycle about 24 days.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    @Hopeful37 my BT is on Thursday! But I will probably POAS beforehand. I keep saying I won't... But I have no self control lol. So that's 11 days after my ET and 1 day after af is due. Big congrats on being PUPO!!! Feels like such an achievement doesn't it? Good luck. Let us know if you decide to POAS beforehand
    Awesome thanks for the info I was trying to work out when my bt would be and thought it might be the day after AF. I probably will poas too! But in the past I've started really early and had like ten days of disappointment so I'm going to be a little more sensible and poas closer to bt. I say that now lol we will see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @waitingtoexhale I have a short cycle too, so mot sure how that works for testing end of cycle. My af never makes it past a 12day leutal phase.

We decided to go with Primary IVF. Its open to all and its bulk billed IVF. One in Sydney, one just opened in Melb. We are financially doing well, but we cant see why we should pay so much money when we could put that money to our sons future. All you have to pay is $60 AMH BT, $35 for your drugs script, and $600 day surgery for egg collection. Thats it. If you are fortunate to freeze embys then its $500. But FET's are free. What you dont get is the hand holding and a cup of tea after day surgery. My nurse is from Genea, she is so lovely. This place suits me down to the ground. I dont like any fuss and just want to job done. In my appts I have seen many couples in the waiting area with luggage, so its cheaper for them to travel than pay the big companies. Primary will help those travellers with appts on same day with scans etc. The GP, FS, FS Nurses, Pathology, chemist and Imaging centre is at the one place. Its right near where I work.

Today I am slipping out at lunch to have my first FSH injection (Elonva) which is 5-7 days of FSH in 1 shot. The nurses are doing the injection for me. So I pick up the drugs, walk into the nurses area & they will do it without an appt. IVF patients are first priority at Laverty pathology and imaging. I have never waiting longer than 5mins for any appt.

I used to be with IVF Aus, and it cost us a small fortune just for testing. I was given clomid unmonitored. I could never get an appt for my FS. She was always booked to the hills.

This homebrand IVF suits us in our situation. I know its not for everyone. But we are happy. I still have contact with a FS nurse 24hrs, so thats pretty good.

Sorry for the over explaination!! 😁

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (17-11-2015),Waiting to exhale  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 my Genea clinic does the pregnancy bloods the day your period is due (based on a normal 28 day cycle). Last time it was exactly two weeks after EPU so the day they confirmed my pregnancy, I was exactly 4 weeks along.
    This time around I know whatever date my transfer ends up being, bloods will end up being 9 days later since it's a 5 day transfer. Not sure if Genea Sydney does it differently though but if not, your bloods should be exactly 2 weeks from the day they said you ovulated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiting to exhale View Post
    Wow there are so many people PUPO.
    It is great to follow everyone and to see everyone being so supportive.

Billie2 just wondering what you mean by bulk billed IVF? Glad to see you are back off the bench.

Sending everyone huge sticky vibes and if this is not the cycle that works for you then I will send you hugs to help get you through this horrible time.

Could anyone help me understand why after a transfer I never get to BT without getting AF first.? I have a short cycle about 24 days.

Thanks
    My cycle is 23/24 days on average and I get a blood test booked in 2 weeks after transfer date. Does your AF come before the 2 weeks? I've been on progesterone for mine so it holds my AF off even with a BFN.
    Some places bulk bill. Flinders hospital IVF in Adelaide I believe do. Will be going there next as it means out of pocket $1800 as compared to my current clinic being $4900 - if these two embryos don't stick that is which they will! Haha or for a second child

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Waiting to exhale  (17-11-2015)