Closed Thread
Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Evelynmoo there is more flexibility with medicated fet so yes if the lining isn't right they would wait and do another scan. My clinic though has you sign, if lining above 6mm then transfer will be scheduled (about a week later).
    Also means the bloods aren't quite as urgent as they schedule your transfer you don't ovulate on medicated so they aren't testing to make sure they catch ovulation. They just transfer when the lining is right. I have no idea if this can go for weeks or whether there are still some time restrictions but my fs said we can schedule transfer and u/s to suit us, within reason!
    I hope you have some luck with your fs, I can't see why trying medicated wouldn't be a good idea. It may make a difference???!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunny79 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woof5105 View Post
    Just checking in and will spend a while reading through all the posts - a lot has happened since I was last here!!!

Quick question though ... I have my u/s to check lining thickness on Monday and then transfer on thurs if all is to plan. I know I'm a bit late jumping into it but has anyone had experience with acupuncture? I've had it a few times for other things and I respond really well so was thinking of doing it for Ivf .. I know I may miss some of the full effect as I haven't done any lead up to it but figure it's worth a shot?
    @woof5105 yep acupuncture atleast just before and just after transfer. I also go when my cycle starts while I'm still bleeding and plan to go again once I get BFP and continue through pregnancy 👌🏻

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

woof5105  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

@apples menevit is good and it does work i make my husband take it he complains cause they are big and smell i tell him to suck it up as i have to have 2, although atleast mine are vanilla lol.

@MrsSMS, i know what you mean about the pill stuffing your body up it takes me four days to get af after stopping the pill instead of the two its meant to be.

@Annerley and @MrsSMS and others waiting for af i hope it comes soon for you all.

Afm not much just waiting lol oh i did cut my hair and buy a maxi summer dress thought i would scare the mums at the school lol although nobody has realised ive cut 10 inches off my hair, then again my hair is always up! Apparently i start my job in a week ironically the same week i have my scan and have to take my kids to the big dentist in the city and the week after is my boys christmas performance at school which i never miss, i so hope i get lucky with work hours so i dont miss anything!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

pillowhead  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    Our cost is $1900 if we hit the Medicare threshold but most likely $3000 per cycle and less for a transfer but we are doing ICSI!
    I will be a working mum... I own my own business and pretty career orientated, thought I have flexibility my partner is home by 4 so I can work evenings if needed and weekends when needed too and if I have appointments during the day while bubs is young I will leave it at the office and then go the nanny route I think because my hours are so scattered! I couldn't stay at home full time... My mind goes non stop and not having an outlet for myself would send me insane I know that for sure! Plus money wise I am very independent I own quite a few investment properties which we are now consolidating into our home (will still have at least one property) and I have an insane shopping habit that's there no way I couldn't have my own money! I respect everyone's decision though but I know me and there's no way I would think twice before buying clothes and shoes haha
    I have always been a worker, ive worked hard all my life, never really been in debt and have owned my own house for less then two years and have paid more than half off, motherhood changes you, your priorities change, there is no way I would ever leave my son to go to work now, he is the most important thing in my life and work is not so important anymore, but that's just me...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (08-11-2015),Evelynmoo  (08-11-2015),mrsthomo  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @woof5105 I started acupuncture just as AF arrived, I had it twice a week throughout my cycle and then right before transfer and right after. I have also had it twice during the 2ww. It hasn't worked for me on the first cycle but I will continue to do it in the hope that it may help. They also offer this extra stimulation process where they attach electro nodes to the needle and send a small electrical current through the needles to promote extra blood flow. Its supposed to be even better than your stock standard treatment but I am not able to do it because I have electrical problems with my heart already so don't want to mess with that issue. My FS nurse also suggested I do acupuncture.
    @sunny79 that would be great for me as I could totally work that around visiting my DH. My personal situation gives me another argument to throw forward in my push for a medicated cycle. Woke up with really bad cervical stabbing so feel tomorrow is the day for AF and if i was to be doing BTs for a natural cycle they would be timed based on my cycle length when I am away, so medicated it must be!!! hahaha
    @kat1011 Im getting my hair done today as well to make myself feel better lol
    Last edited by Evelynmoo; 08-11-2015 at 08:14.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (08-11-2015),woof5105  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all! I've booked in for a session on Tuesday and then one before or after transfer on Thursday.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sure it will change me when I have a child but I simply cannot not work! I own a business... 8 people count on me to support there families... I also owned the business with my Mum but she suddenly passed away 2 years ago so walking away is something I am not willing to do financially... I respect everyone's decision on what they choose to do and how they choose to raise there child but every single persons circumstances are so different... One day I might choose to sell my business but in WA when it's a down turn and times are tough that would be a bad business decision plus we have to pay for this IVF journey some how

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

exilius  (09-11-2015),mrsthomo  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 that's amazing! I know some people swear by menevit. Unfortunately it did nothing for us but I'm guessing that's because the couple of million my DH has is still considered very low however I've heard of others whose DH/partner was only slightly low and it worked for them.

Thanks @katt1011 jealous of you and @Evelynmoo getting your hair done. I did get it done just before our trip but I rarely find the time to go these days. Last time I went, the hairdressers said oh it's been a while between visits. I'm guilty of the mummy bun too katt.

@stillfuntryin I could have almost written your last post except we've been in our house for almost 4.5 years so nearly done. I can't remember if you've said but do you have a date for your scan?

How are all our other preggo ladies going?

@ttc1981 did you say you are in real estate? I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I have to say that the little bit of work I do has seen my brain return. I did suffer a little from baby brain but mummy brain has been extremely interesting to say the least. Thankfully its switched back on as I thought it may have taken a permanent holiday. Hopefully it doesn't get worse with every child.

I hope the accupuncture works well for you @woof5105

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

woof5105  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    @Apples1234 that's amazing! I know some people swear by menevit. Unfortunately it did nothing for us but I'm guessing that's because the couple of million my DH has is still considered very low however I've heard of others whose DH/partner was only slightly low and it worked for them.

Thanks @katt1011 jealous of you and @Evelynmoo getting your hair done. I did get it done just before our trip but I rarely find the time to go these days. Last time I went, the hairdressers said oh it's been a while between visits. I'm guilty of the mummy bun too katt.

@stillfuntryin I could have almost written your last post except we've been in our house for almost 4.5 years so nearly done. I can't remember if you've said but do you have a date for your scan?

How are all our other preggo ladies going?

@ttc1981 did you say you are in real estate? I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I have to say that the little bit of work I do has seen my brain return. I did suffer a little from baby brain but mummy brain has been extremely interesting to say the least. Thankfully its switched back on as I thought it may have taken a permanent holiday. Hopefully it doesn't get worse with every child.

I hope the accupuncture works well for you @woof5105
    I actually thought about it after I posted it and it's nearly 3 years with this house. I have my scan booked for 9 am on Friday, my clinic wont let you do a scan before 7 weeks so there is no doubt about if you don't see a HB that it could be too early, so i will be 7+2, only real symptom is fatigue and its not helping that my boy is also sick right now so I'm not getting a decent nights sleep.... but that's motherhood for you lol.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @annnerley I am so glad my wait is over hope things start moving on for you @katt1011 my lining scan is on the 18. I would say my body just takes longer to adjust to being off the pill mid cycle.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (08-11-2015)