Closed Thread
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @82coolbeans how exciting that you are PUPO, congrats! Do you know when your blood test is yet?

@katt1011 nothing yet unfortunately but I'm feeling twinges and cramps so maybe that means something is happening in there Every time I go to the toilet, I think how this could be it! I think I'm going to celebrate when af arrives, lol

@mrsthomo your comment made me smile. What you said would be a dream and I hope it comes true for you one day. My heart bursts with love for my daughter several times a day, it's an amazing journey and I'm still at the start. I can't wait til you get to experience it too Hun. My mum had 10 years off work when I was born.

@Billie2 I honestly meant no offence either. I was planning to be a SAHM this time around but my parents retired and said they'd help with babysitting for a year or so and if I went back for this short term, the leave options are much more flexible to reenter the workforce, which makes it easier. To be honest, having a newborn was a shock to the system as I really had no idea what I was in for. I know back then I thought that work was the easier option. It's definitely gotten easier and I love being a mum but as we know, it's always going to have it's challenges. If I'm completely honest, I sometimes do feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I don't like having a break and I feel like I must be weak that I don't want to work and strive for a career. I went to uni and was so dedicated before I became a mum but my focus has completely switched. My colleagues often ask me when I'm going to go FT as that's what a lot of mums do at my work after a small time being PT but there's no pressure from above to do so thankfully. I look around at all the other working mums around me and often think I need to harden up as I really struggle with the small amount of work I do. There is a big part of me that admires their strength to get the job done and go for a career but it's just a drive I don't have.
    I'll obviously go back to work one day as like @katt1011 said, things cost money. We have already had to do our daughter's enrolment for school as we have a private college right near us and it's booking out already and she is still so young. I went to a similar school but in the next suburb from where I live now so we were pretty certain as to where we wanted to send her.

I can't believe how much some of you ladies have had to pay for your cycles. It's shocking to be that much out of pocket but I had heard that fees can vary greatly. Ours was $4k out of pocket for our fresh cycle and will only be $2k for our FET.
    Last edited by Annerley; 07-11-2015 at 20:24.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (07-11-2015),Hopeful37  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has turned off course. I came here to learn, share & support about assisted conception. I wasnt expecting parenting beliefs to be so in your face. Im sure there may be threads for that elsewhere. I am a parent and I speak only from experience of my own, and what works for me. I never judge others in their decisions or be closed minded on what is best for motherhood. Going into my first IVF I want to filter unnecessary stress. I don't think the direction of some conversations is in my best interest. I wish the women here well on becoming mums. xx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

corzjayne  (07-11-2015),Lovebubs77  (08-11-2015),Tanej78  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley I'm waiting on AF as well, actually looking forward to it so I can make some phone calls with actual details and facts, not what if scenario questions.

Spoke to my DH and we have decided that if the next cycle is not medicated then we are going to change to Genea, I read up on Dr Livingstone and I really seem to like him as well as Dr Leiberman who Ive already had an appt with. My DH doesn't want to waste more money whereas I don't want to waste any embryos.

We were about $3.5k out of pocket for stim cycle and next FET will be $1.5K out of pocket because Ive already reached threshold this year.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-11-2015),Hopeful37  (08-11-2015),mrsthomo  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley I appreciate your words. I was surprised this would be topic here. Its bad enough at school pick up. You dont realise how hot that topic is till you hit school age.
    @ttc1981 Like you we have an investment portfolio and our son is at a private school. Unfortunately money doesnt grow on trees. Life is expensive. Such is life..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-11-2015),ttc1981  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just say each to there own... If you choose to stay at home that's your choice and its others choice to work! I don't judge anyone plus I am sure a lot of people here support from family where we both won't have that... My mum passed away 2 years ago and my partners mum is too old and siblings too young or in the same circumstances... Every person has different circumstances and different choices and we are all so lucky to have these choices

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (07-11-2015),Evelynmoo  (07-11-2015),Hopeful37  (08-11-2015),mrsthomo  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 and everyone. To me this is a place for women going through IVF in October and Nov. No one was criticising anyone and everyone was sharing their own feelings and ideas as far as I could see, which I think is nice. We're all going through the same thing and it's nice to discuss whatever we like during this time with everyone going through the Oct/Nov cycles. I personally am love having a chat group with gals cycling right now.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (08-11-2015),Hopeful37  (08-11-2015),mrsthomo  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally ttc1981

Each choice is the right one for them. Each feeling about their choice is valid.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo sounds like you have some good plans there. Fingers crossed they listen to you and are open to what you want this time. I know they are the experts but you are paying the money after all. It's great that you have a backup plan if they don't agree to a medicated FET.
    @Billie2 sorry to hear you feel that way and I do wish you every success whether you choose to stay or go. I hope you stick around but understand that you need to do what's best for you With your last comment, I actually just recalled that the topic did briefly come up in my last cycle group but it was only very brief so I'd completely forgotten about it. You won't hear anymore about it from me and I think @ttc1981 summed it up beautifully! I just want us both to get our af so we can get on with this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley isn't it frustrating when AF doesn't appear when she is suppose to I have been bloated and feeling emotional since I went off the pill on Wednesday and still nothing! I am hoping AF is here in the morning as my clinic is on a tight timeframe they only do transfers once a month.

Although this is also very ironic as I have spent years hoping AF wont come!

Waiting continues.....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure is @MrsSMS it is crazy how upset I used to get when af arrived and now I can't wait for her to arrive. It's been a year since I had to stop breastfeeding and I got my first postnatal af exactly 4 weeks to the day after stopping. Every other cycle for the past 12mths has been 28-31 days (same as it was when I was a teen) and of course this one has to be late. I've been feeling possible af symptoms too.
    Fingers crossed that af comes tomorrow. When is the cut off point? It does sound a bit hard that they'll only do it once a month.
    My clinic just won't accept anyone to start a cycle once we hit 28th Nov as they say they can't be certain that you'll ovulate and transfer before they close for Christmas on the 18th Dec. They are there to do BTs and scans over Christmas (except the actual day) but no EPUs or transfers.