Closed Thread
Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What clinic are you at now Evelynmoo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's amazing how different doctors and clinics are! My sister and I were at the same clinic and she only had blood tests and a scan at day 14... My doctor is from the UK (lead a hospital over there) and he hates blood tests and only does scans! Even with my partners issues of azoospermia he was so adament that it was obstructive and did the biopsy which took less than 5 minutes and he found sperm! A nurse told me yesterday a previous doctor who worked at the clinic use to butcher the guys in the same procedure! All the nurses at my clinic love my doctor and when I get in for my Morning scan (I arrive last as I own my own business and the nurses tell me when approx the last scan will be ) he is already there looking at results... Couldn't be happier with our doctor, clinic and results so far if anyone wants recommendations for Perth happy to give them

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful37 I am with IVF Australia at Westmead. I have heard so many good things about Genea so the other FS that I had a consult with a few weeks ago when my frustrations with the current clinic first started is connected with Genea, her names Dr Leiberman. Her private consulting room is based in the CBD as well but I forgot to ask when I had my appt with her how it would all work with bloods, scans and transfer if her room is only a consulting room??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    It's amazing how different doctors and clinics are! My sister and I were at the same clinic and she only had blood tests and a scan at day 14... My doctor is from the UK (lead a hospital over there) and he hates blood tests and only does scans! Even with my partners issues of azoospermia he was so adament that it was obstructive and did the biopsy which took less than 5 minutes and he found sperm! A nurse told me yesterday a previous doctor who worked at the clinic use to butcher the guys in the same procedure! All the nurses at my clinic love my doctor and when I get in for my Morning scan (I arrive last as I own my own business and the nurses tell me when approx the last scan will be ) he is already there looking at results... Couldn't be happier with our doctor, clinic and results so far if anyone wants recommendations for Perth happy to give them
    Moving to Perth is the ultimate goal for DH and I so maybe one day I may have to ask for that recommendation!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really it's a great lifestyle here if you do come here I'm in realestate so happy to tell you where the best place to live on what your budget is too there are so many clinics in Perth the place I go to has the hospital and everything all in one place! Cost wise we have been impressed and we don't pay upfront just sort it out as we go or you can even pay off I believe! We are finally getting around to going to Medicare and our private funds next week to get our rebates the costs of this journey so far has been so much and we always laugh that the outcome will be even more expensive we have also asked the doctor to put two embreyos back this cycle which he is considering as I'm really keen to push it along! I'm so impatient it's not funny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynmoo View Post
    @Hopeful37 I am with IVF Australia at Westmead. I have heard so many good things about Genea so the other FS that I had a consult with a few weeks ago when my frustrations with the current clinic first started is connected with Genea, her names Dr Leiberman. Her private consulting room is based in the CBD as well but I forgot to ask when I had my appt with her how it would all work with bloods, scans and transfer if her room is only a consulting room??
    My FS is based in the CBD too in a consulting room.How it works with genea is they have various monitoring places around that u can go to for bt and scans. I just go the CBD as it's the closest one to me but u can go to any one that suits u. Have a look on their website at the monitoring centres. They are quite a few around. The results then go to your Drs team of nurses who are based in the CBD so it doesn't matter which one u go too it all ends up back at the same place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ttc1981

My DH tried out for the Police in WA earlier this year he got rejected after the interview part, which doesn't surprise me because he is a very quiet man and avoids confrontation at all costs so its good he didnt get accepted anyway. But we are hoping he can transfer with his current job in a few years time. I really love the Duncraig area and when we were there in May it was in our price range but who know what will happen in years to come. I love the lifestyle and the people. I call it the land of the beautiful people hahaha. I am naturally a patient person, being a teacher but I am incredibly impatient with this whole IVF nightmare. Having a baby and being a mum is all I have ever wanted. I specifically chose teaching because I could work around being a mum. I played with little doll babies when I was a kid. Its all I've ever wanted, urgh just want to cry!!!!
    Last edited by Evelynmoo; 07-11-2015 at 12:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    My FS is based in the CBD too in a consulting room.How it works with genea is they have various monitoring places around that u can go to for bt and scans. I just go the CBD as it's the closest one to me but u can go to any one that suits u. Have a look on their website at the monitoring centres. They are quite a few around. The results then go to your Drs team of nurses who are based in the CBD so it doesn't matter which one u go too it all ends up back at the same place.
    Yeh I just had a look at their website then. I am really considering giving Dr Leiberman a call next week if I get told my current clinic aren't going to change anything up for the next cycle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's gorgeous I always wanted kids and was told because I have PCOS it would be hard and now there saying at the moment I am not even an issue. I couldn't imagine this journey with anyone else and my partner is just fantastic... I had my first utter exhaustion day yesterday but today feeling so much better we are also planning a house build so that helps kill time and having a busy business helps too! I also always thought being in real estate and my own business would be perfect for kids... Fingers crossed our plans work out and we look back in a few years and think back to when life was quiet x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Evelynmoo  (07-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rainbow road @mrsthomo Great to all be on the same timeline. I'm doing a frozen transfer. What about u?