+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by melly75 View Post
    they shouldnt be teachers if they cant handle kids, thats just wrong on so many levels ...wonder if it was their kid if the treatment would be the same , yes sometimes kids push you to your limits but no need for treatment like that
    I completely agree. The first school my DS ever went to, he was locked in a room by the principal. One of the other teachers involved has a child on the spectrum but she seemed happy to ignore the abuse directed specifically at mine. It's disgusting what goes on and I imagine we don't even hear half of it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

melly75  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought I would just slip in and wish everyone a really good Christmas this week. I hope everything goes as planned for you all and that you don't have to stress too much. *I am being an optimist*
    Please be sure to share us your Chrissy tales afterwards.

I also ended last week with some relatively good news. DS1 got his funding for school next year and I will be having a meeting with his Aide and Principal in the beginning of school. I am feeling good about it all.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

melly75  (21-12-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @White Mage Merry Christmas to you too (and to everyone here!).

Do you know how much aide time your DS will be receiving when he starts school? Just curious, as we'll be starting to go through the whole process of choosing a school next year (DS is to start in 2017).

We've had a big win at home in the last week. DS has finally nailed toileting for both wees & poos! It's such a relief that it has finally 'clicked'. It was such a concern having an older child not toilet trained, so it's a great feeling and truly a relief

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @White Mage Merry Christmas to you too (and to everyone here!).

Do you know how much aide time your DS will be receiving when he starts school? Just curious, as we'll be starting to go through the whole process of choosing a school next year (DS is to start in 2017).

We've had a big win at home in the last week. DS has finally nailed toileting for both wees & poos! It's such a relief that it has finally 'clicked'. It was such a concern having an older child not toilet trained, so it's a great feeling and truly a relief
    He got Level 4 funding. Which is 33k. As to how many hours that is, I am not sure yet. I will find out during the meeting when school starts. I know that is more then 1hr a day thank goodness.

Here is a link with next years level listing.
    http://www.education.vic.gov.au/scho...015levels.aspx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad to hear about your toileting victory Degrassi! Things will be a little easier (and cheaper) soon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Awesome Mums of Autistic kids-how many of us are there (#3)????????

DD starts a center based group this month with Autism Queensland. It's for 5 hours a day for 3 days a week. I'm a little scared; I don't know how DD will cope. She has spent every day at home with me. But I've been told that intensive intervention at her age will help. She will be the only girl in a group of 6. I don't know, I think I'm freaking out a bit, it's such a big change for DD and I :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leettieb View Post
    DD starts a center based group this month with Autism Queensland. It's for 5 hours a day for 3 days a week. I'm a little scared; I don't know how DD will cope. She has spent every day at home with me. But I've been told that intensive intervention at her age will help. She will be the only girl in a group of 6. I don't know, I think I'm freaking out a bit, it's such a big change for DD and I :/
    It is going to be the best thing for both of you, I promise!

DS2 is heading to Yarra Ranges SDS this year for intense therapy. The thing I am purely freaking out over is he will be going on a school bus without me. I know that they have aids on the bus, and he is probably totally gonna love it. But it feels big to me.
    But I know it's going to be amazing for him.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Leettieb  (11-01-2016),sajimum  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leettieb View Post
    I am sure it will be an adjustment for you both, but it sounds like a great opportunity for some intense intervention! Once she settles in hopefully she will love it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Leettieb  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post

I missed this earlier - what great news! It must be such a relief for you! I hope it's still going well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone travelling over the holidays? We are in preparation mode for school. Bought uniforms last week, lunch box today and plan on making DD's photo book ("my school") tonight - I hope I haven't left it too late as I need to read it to her at least a few times before school starts! She is also doing a school readiness group next week.

We are also having some sleep issues - nothing major, but poor DD tosses and turns and wakes so early. I am worried she will be exhausted before she evens gets to school. I got a fitbit for Christmas and have put it on her for a few nights - it's been interesting to see her sleep patterns. Does anyone elses kids have trouble sleeping? Any tips?