+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 543
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,283
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    800
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by our4boys View Post
    The NDIS is not a set amount of money for everyone. You get a case worker and you work together to set out goals on which you want to achieve then figure out which support you need for those goals and then a Certain amount of money is allocated to you for it.
    We havnt got NDIS here yet get it in July 2017 but I have found out about it through a support group I'm in.
    Do you know what types of things NDIS covers? Is it similar to the HCWA, as in just therapy and equipment? Or is there an allotment for travel etc?

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,417
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked
    2,217
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Money goes by if u need physio etc so DS would of been entitled to around 18k.

    U can get trampolines, mats, hydrotherapy etc...

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,395
    Thanks
    832
    Thanked
    1,108
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Do you know what types of things NDIS covers? Is it similar to the HCWA, as in just therapy and equipment? Or is there an allotment for travel etc?
    My understanding (which is limited!) is that the NDIS has the potential to be used for a wider variety of things than HCWA as it's designed to help people with a disability to 'reach their goals' and participate as fully as possible within the community.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,599
    Thanks
    1,331
    Thanked
    1,490
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    My understanding (which is limited!) is that the NDIS has the potential to be used for a wider variety of things than HCWA as it's designed to help people with a disability to 'reach their goals' and participate as fully as possible within the community.

    Lets hope

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,395
    Thanks
    832
    Thanked
    1,108
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    Lets hope
    True! We will wait and see I guess. I am not sure DD will benefit much from NDIS, but time will tell.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ocean shores
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok it works like say you want your child to participate in a weekend sport with their peers it funds training for the couch and possibly the club to help them understand your child and their needs.
    If you want your child to be able to each a wider range of foods it funds a speech pathologist to come to your house or school and work with your child to help make this happen.
    If your goal is to be able to have a family holiday it can help fund a nice holiday with a aid if that's needed.
    The possibilities are endless you just need to have realistic goals and they help make them possible.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,283
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    800
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by our4boys View Post
    Ok it works like say you want your child to participate in a weekend sport with their peers it funds training for the couch and possibly the club to help them understand your child and their needs.
    If you want your child to be able to each a wider range of foods it funds a speech pathologist to come to your house or school and work with your child to help make this happen.
    If your goal is to be able to have a family holiday it can help fund a nice holiday with a aid if that's needed.
    The possibilities are endless you just need to have realistic goals and they help make them possible.
    Really, we just want to keep on getting what we currently do. Help to pay for his speech, OT and psych and the little bits and pieces of resources they choose for him (fiddle toys, his weighted blanket, etc).
    It would be fantastic if it could help contribute to our travel expenses of getting him to the appointments and such but we obviously already pay for that so no skin off our back if it doesn't happen. Just thought it would be nice.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ocean shores
    Posts
    2,281
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Carers allowance can help out with travelling costs it's non means tested and $123.50 a fortnight

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,283
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    800
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We already get that one.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,599
    Thanks
    1,331
    Thanked
    1,490
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $123 a fortnight is laughable really.. considering an appointment for a specialist can be more then that.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Awesome Mums of Autistic kids- how many of us are there (#2) ?????????
    By mumof2cuties in forum Parents of Children with Special Needs
    Replies: 990
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 16:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
The Little Gym Bella Vista
Get ready for some serious, fun gymnastics! The Little Gym Bella Vista
The world’s premier experiential learning and physical development center for children ages 4 months - 12 years. Create opportunities for your child to try new things and build self-confidence, all with a grin that stretches from ear to ear
featured supporter
Nest Private Maternity
Nest Private Maternity is committed to providing private pregnancy care at an affordable price. We’re upfront about our out-of-pocket costs, so you can confidently decide to have your baby with us.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!