+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Argh, Mr4s aggression has been levelling up serious amounts. Today, he tried to jam a bouncy ball into Mr6s mouth (and it was way too big so Mr6 got a busted lip) because he was angry at him. He's hit people a few times. He threatens to punch people a lot.

He's also back to wetting the bed every second night, and yesterday as well as wetting the bed, he also had 3 accidents during the day.

He just seems to be regressing at the moment. Poor kid.

Going to trial him in Little As next term but I sincerely believe he is going to outright hate it. Can only try though hey.
    Could he have a uti if he's gone backward ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Could he have a uti if he's gone backward ??
    I'm not sure. During the day it just seems like he forgets to go. And only remembers at the last second and it's too late.
    As it was, he would already wait until he was busting so had limited time anyway, it's just gotten worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    More aggression today. But Mr2s hand so hard that it went all red and puffy. Apparently he was laying down and Mr2 crawled on top of him and he decided to bite him instead of just pushing him off. No idea where it is all coming from

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ahalfdozen How are things today? It's so hard when our kids are struggling. Especially if you can't figure out why it's happening. Any changes, etc. at home?

Monnie How are you all settling into the new house? I can see why you'd be stressed about the main road!

We haven't swapped to NDIS yet so we are using HCWA funding. We have used most of it for therapies, etc. but we are about to purchase some climbing equipment/monkey bars with it to help with DD's gross motor skills. It will be really helpful for her to have access at home, because now she's at school we have much less time to go to playgrounds, etc. and she's stopped gymnastics (which was great for her strength and co-ordination).

School holidays here which are great! Trying not to schedule too much and just relaxing at home where possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things are still hit and miss with him. Had to take him home from homework club (after school club for doing homework at the school library that he joins in on) because he wet his pants.
    He just seems to be leaping backwards at the moment. No changes at all. School holidays start next week so I am hoping the break does him some good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Things are still hit and miss with him. Had to take him home from homework club (after school club for doing homework at the school library that he joins in on) because he wet his pants.
    He just seems to be leaping backwards at the moment. No changes at all. School holidays start next week so I am hoping the break does him some good.
    Perhaps it's just end of term fatigue, etc? I know DD has struggled towards the end of Term 2 and Term 3 this year too. Fingers crossed the holidays will do him good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I'm hoping it is. We are off to Sydney for a few days at the start of the holidays, staying with MIL so he might like the break from routine a bit. He is already counting down to when we leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say a big hi, and my Daughter was diagnosed with ASD level 2 on the 1st of sept.
    It is quite overwhelming everything I need to do as far as informing everyone applying for funding having appointments at the school (she starts next year) also the therapy app.
    I want her to have as much support as possible going into school, but I have had a appointment with the councillor and principal today and their saying she may only apply for teaches aides half an hour to an hour a day.
    I haven't received the report off the peads as I only got the confirmation off her yesterday, but remembered her saying there was another type of support she would need infer ... Inter. Cannot remember at all!
    I am on the central coast (about an hour from Sydney) does anyone suggest I go to another school? Or just see how she goes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello Mumofrose, welcome!

I am not 100% sure how the funding stuff works in north side, but here you need to do quiet a few reports to go towards a meeting which discusses your kids worst behaviors, to be able to figure out what kind of level of school funding your child recieves.
    If she is in public school, she would only be able to have an aid for 1hr a day if you are lucky.

As for moving schools, it depends. Is you daughter doing ok? having issues at school? These are probably better thoughts on whether a different school is a better idea.
    When she does all her reports and such for funding, you will under go an Intellectual Cognitive assessment which will give you a rough idea of what her iq is like. Having the IQ will also assist figuring out if your daughter could be elligible for other types of special schools.

One step at a time. It can be very overwhelming. And can be a long process. Counseling for yourself is a great idea.

Don't hesistate to ask questions because no one will be willing to give all this information freely.
    Also I think the NDIS (National Disability Scheme) is in Sydney now (confirm??) so this will help with funding wise as well. We are still waiting for it in Melbourne.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

mumofrosealiened  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u
    I have applied for helpingchildrenwithautism which can take 8 weeks, and only cover them till their 7 years. That's when NDIS takes over, yes that has been approved here as well.

It is a public school, is there more support in private?

I was asking about moving schools to get the maximum help, she hasn't started as yet she will start next year.

The peads mentioned the IQ will help, but didn't want to overwhelm her so quickly.
    Thanks again