+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @White Mage that's such a crap situation but sounds like it was out of your control so don't feel too bad. How did your DS1 cope with missing out? Maybe you could try and organize a play date for him at another time in a more suitable location?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @White Mage that's such a crap situation but sounds like it was out of your control so don't feel too bad. How did your DS1 cope with missing out? Maybe you could try and organize a play date for him at another time in a more suitable location?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone travelling? We are back to school in Vic this week. I think DD will benefit from having her routine back (though she would have preferred to spend some more time at home I am sure!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was a cheering Mum when everyone went back to school. My house is a giant mess.
    Both boys were happy to be going back. Been up and ready every morning before 7am lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bet they were craving the routine too WhiteMage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey all

All is going pretty well with DS ATM.

We're still on school holidays here in NSW, so no preschool or early intervention until next week. The last two days have been a bit draining as I've had DS in the office with me two days in a row due to DH getting 12 hour day shifts! He's working the same shift today so I decided to take a day of leave rather than drag DS into the office again (although he loves it, it's a bit full on for me!).

We have had two terms to make a decision about schooling for next year (main****** class or support class) and we've decided DS will be best suited to the support class. We won't find out until later in the year if he gets offered a placement.

DS's language has had another language explosion and is talking so much more, which is great! He's interacting with other people better too.

One other piece of news - we lost our much loved OT in March (she moved overseas) and we were assigned a replacement. He seemed inexperienced and lacked confidence - not what you want in an OT! Just when I was starting to think we'd need to speak up about it, our provider called to say the OT was no longer with them and we'd be assigned another OT! I have requested someone really experienced and confident, so hopefully the next one will be a great fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you feel now that the choice about schooling has been made @Mod-Degrassi ?

We had a very similar situation with our first OT. She was inexperienced and not very confident and I eventually had to speak with them to be assigned someone different. I felt bad about it, but it was the best decision ever. Hopefully you feel that the new OT is a better fit for you and your DS.

What does your DS do when in the office with you? I can't imagine taking either of mine into an office for the entire day!!

DD starts a new social skills group next week. She was at the same place for Term 4 last year and had a break to settle in to school. I am looking forward to her starting it up again, but she's not too keen as she had to stop her swimming lessons to fit it in. I think she'll enjoy it once it starts though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    How do you feel now that the choice about schooling has been made @Mod-Degrassi ?

We had a very similar situation with our first OT. She was inexperienced and not very confident and I eventually had to speak with them to be assigned someone different. I felt bad about it, but it was the best decision ever. Hopefully you feel that the new OT is a better fit for you and your DS.

What does your DS do when in the office with you? I can't imagine taking either of mine into an office for the entire day!!

DD starts a new social skills group next week. She was at the same place for Term 4 last year and had a break to settle in to school. I am looking forward to her starting it up again, but she's not too keen as she had to stop her swimming lessons to fit it in. I think she'll enjoy it once it starts though.
    Feeling pretty good about our decision regarding school. There was a stage where we thought we should aim for the main****** class, but he will realistically need the smaller class size and supported environment to begin with. The plan is always to integrate him into main****** anyway. What really made us decide was seeing a support unit for ourselves - it was amazing.

As for having DS in the office, he does a bit of everything really! I pack him toys and an iPad to play with, but he also amuses himself by playing with office stationery and stuff. We also go for little outings to the post office and corner store. If the boardroom is empty he will watch a little bit of tv sometimes. I just do what I can to keep him amused, but it's a big day for both of us!

Social skills group sounds good - I hope your DD gets a lot out of it