+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Had DS1's first Prep SSG P/T meeting today.
    GLOWING report.
    He has transitioned very well into the environment. The concerns that his teacher had at the start of the year she no longer has, as he has gone beyond expectation.
    He is willing to try everything, and is a happy kid with a wicked sense of humor.
    She is giving him a pupil of the week at the next assembly.

Only concern was his minor hand skills, so pencil grip and scissors. She is going to be referring him to the school O.T. And his aid is going to be doing some fun activities to help him.
    Also going to work towards getting his Speech therapist to come to the school for therapy sessions as I can't make it work any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    GLOWING report.
    He has transitioned very well into the environment. The concerns that his teacher had at the start of the year she no longer has, as he has gone beyond expectation.
    He is willing to try everything, and is a happy kid with a wicked sense of humor.

Only concern was his minor hand skills, so pencil grip and scissors. She is going to be referring him to the school O.T. And his aid is going to be doing some fun activities to help him.
    Also going to work towards getting his Speech therapist to come to the school for therapy sessions as I can't make it work any other way.

That's wonderful news! You must be so pleased that he's settled in so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    GLOWING report.

Wow, what a wonderful meeting that must have been!! Congratulations to your DS1 for transitioning so well, and to you for facilitating it! We have our first SSG meeting in a few weeks - fingers crossed it goes as well as yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I am beaming with pride! I honestly was expecting a tall list of things to work on. So was pretty surprised by today's outcome. When telling DH he sounded as surprised as I was, but he sounded very happy.

Sajimum fingers crossed it goes well! Be sure to bring up your main concerns.
    I kind of got swept up by everything I forgot to mention my concern about his friend situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Welcome @Skye Baby

I am sorry to hear things are difficult at your place too at the moment. It sounds like you have LOTS to try and cope with, which must be so draining and challenging. Especially while trying to deal with a PND diagnosis yourself.

How old are your kids? I have a 5 year old DD (higher functioning ASD) and a NT 3 year old.

It's a great sign that your DS opened up to the school psych (though must be really scary and hard for you to hear that he has been having suicidal thoughts) - hopefully it will be the start of some extra understanding and support from the school. It makes me so frustrated and angry to hear so many horror stories about lack of support at schools for kids with ASD. How soon can you get him in to see a psychiatrist?

How is your DD1 going now she has returned to school?
    The symptoms your DH is having sound scary - has he seen a neurologist?
    Hi sorry it has taken awhile for me to get back to you.

I have 4 children aged 15,11,4 and my baby is one next week. My 11 year old is my only boy and he was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome when he was 7. I guess it's now considered ASD (high functioning).

well my son is no longer attending school, they. Rang the following week for us to pick him up too. we are now in the process of enrolling for e School, formally known as distance education. We have the schools and psychiatrist that he saw, support with this. He didn't really talk to the psychiatrist that much though as he had a melt down at his office. He is however, at my request going to continue to see the school phycologist.

My oldest DD is back at school and she is loving it. As she is going to a senior collage she is loving been treated like an adult. Ironically the day she went back to school was the day my DS came home and hasn't gone back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I have not been on in ages.
    Ds2 was in hospital again for food and drink refusal. Grr.
    He had his assessment yesterday. Still no dx but a big step towards one.
    Ds1 is having a hard time at school again this year. His teacher was there for the first week but had been off sick since. So Ds1 is getting frustrated with releaf teachers changing every other day. No one is aware of his needs and no plan can be made until the teacher situation is fixed. I hate this school and wish I could move him again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    Sorry I have not been on in ages.
    Ds2 was in hospital again for food and drink refusal. Grr.
    He had his assessment yesterday. Still no dx but a big step towards one.
    Ds1 is having a hard time at school again this year. His teacher was there for the first week but had been off sick since. So Ds1 is getting frustrated with releaf teachers changing every other day. No one is aware of his needs and no plan can be made until the teacher situation is fixed. I hate this school and wish I could move him again.
    Glad you are making some progress towards a diagnosis. You have had a terrible time with schools haven't you? Must be extremely frustrating for you and DS1. Is there anything left to try to get them on board to make things easier for him there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got discharged from speech therapy yesterday! We will probably re-engage at a later date, but for now the therapist is happy with how DD is going. She is working at an age expected level on the tasks they were focusing on and given there have been very few issues at school the therapist feels that she isn't really adding anything to her care at the moment. It will be nice to have one less thing to try to fit in!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (23-03-2016),Leettieb  (11-03-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (09-03-2016),White Mage  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye Baby View Post
    Hi sorry it has taken awhile for me to get back to you.

I have 4 children aged 15,11,4 and my baby is one next week. My 11 year old is my only boy and he was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome when he was 7. I guess it's now considered ASD (high functioning).

well my son is no longer attending school, they. Rang the following week for us to pick him up too. we are now in the process of enrolling for e School, formally known as distance education. We have the schools and psychiatrist that he saw, support with this. He didn't really talk to the psychiatrist that much though as he had a melt down at his office. He is however, at my request going to continue to see the school phycologist.

My oldest DD is back at school and she is loving it. As she is going to a senior collage she is loving been treated like an adult. Ironically the day she went back to school was the day my DS came home and hasn't gone back.
    Glad to hear your DD is going so well at school. Sorry to hear about your DS not going back to school - though hopefully it will be a positive move in the long run. How are you feeling about him doing e School?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    We got discharged from speech therapy yesterday! We will probably re-engage at a later date, but for now the therapist is happy with how DD is going. She is working at an age expected level on the tasks they were focusing on and given there have been very few issues at school the therapist feels that she isn't really adding anything to her care at the moment. It will be nice to have one less thing to try to fit in!
    That's fantastic! Sounds like your DD has adapted so well to school

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (10-03-2016)